Water rates

Guest motlyman

Guest motlyman

Hi,

We are about to take a new rental but have been told we would be responsible for the water rates!

Just wondered if someone could give us an idea of what they might be yearly.

Colin

Guest Emu

Hi, good question, I was wondering the same and the COUNCIL RATES? As we renting our landlady pays it for us.

I found these on a real estate ad for a 2-3 bed house in the Mitcham City Council area. Is it different from council to council?

Council Rates: $826.27pa

SA Water: $147.30pq

Guest kangomik

it differs from house to house, well it was done on values i think.

You should not be responsible for water rates when renting, just water usage over a certain amount. I am sure some one wi;ll correct me on this.

We paid 60 bux over the summer period, i kind of dissagree as it states in the contract we look after the garden. Spending 60 bux to water plants gets on my bits! LOL

Guest Martin and Val

Hope this helps to answer your question.

We moved into our rental in November and so far we've paid two invoices for our Water Supply charge directly to the Agent.

The supply charge payable quarterly (for 3 months) is $39.35 and our water usage of 38 units from 13 Nov to 26 March was $27. Water usage will depend on your self, we are careful and there is only the two of us. We have a pool but fortunately we had enough water in the rain water tank for top ups so that must have saved a bit of money.

Martin

Guest Emu

Our landlady pays the water rates, as long as we don't go over a certain amount (whatever she was paying before). She said we would have to spend crazy amounts of water to go over.

I'm curious to know how much we supose to pay ...

Guest Martin and Val

When we took over our Rental the lawn was already in a bad state so we simply didn't water it either. But now after the recent rain it's all coming up green again which we are very surprised at, we thought it was dead. During an inspection recently by the agent they noted that the garden was "Dry" but added that it was when we took over so it wasn't an issue.

If the lawn was good when we took over the rental I would expect to water it my self to maintain its condition even if it was annoying and costly, so I'm glad it was poor and I didn't feel I had to.

Remember once you are in the rental, its not somebody else's garden it's yours and you are responsible for the up keep.

Anyway off topic now so I hope the costs I listed were useful.

Martin

Guest Emu

When we moved in, everything was dry and half dead. But like Martin said, now it's all going green again, so I will make sure it stays that way. The water costs seem really cheap.

Guest motlyman

Thanks for your replies peeps but, it appears i've dropped the proverbial b*****k.

Its the water USAGE we will be responsible for and not the rates:err:

They gave us the choice of $10 a week extra or pay for water usage.

Dont know whats the best option?

Colin

Guest Martin and Val
Thanks for your replies peeps but, it appears i've dropped the proverbial b*****k.

Its the water USAGE we will be responsible for and not the rates:err:

They gave us the choice of $10 a week extra or pay for water usage.

Dont know whats the best option?

Colin

Hi Colin,

As you can see from our earlier post we have only used 38 units of water from 13 Nov to 26 March and it cost just was $27

Obviously each house hold will use different amounts of water but to be honest although we are carefull we do still use what we want and that includes watering the plants (But only once a week) If you add that usage to the service charge that we do pay of $39.35 quarterly it really isn't bad at all and would not add up to $10 per week.

We do not pay for the Murry River levy so we don't know what that is. Don't know why we don't pay that but it seems to be included in the rent!

Hope this helps

Martin

Hope this helps to answer your question.

We moved into our rental in November and so far we've paid two invoices for our Water Supply charge directly to the Agent.

The supply charge payable quarterly (for 3 months) is $39.35 and our water usage of 38 units from 13 Nov to 26 March was $27. Water usage will depend on your self, we are careful and there is only the two of us. We have a pool but fortunately we had enough water in the rain water tank for top ups so that must have saved a bit of money.

Martin

Wow thats cheap we moved in in Dec and I just paid $89, think I've paid for Mall and Kev's showers lol

When we rented, we were quite happy to keep the garden in shape and water the plants and lawn..even if we were paying for it....although the water we had to pay for was pretty minimal.

We used the lawn...so to us, only right to keep it in good nick!

Guest Martin and Val
Wow thats cheap we moved in in Dec and I just paid $89, think I've paid for Mall and Kev's showers lol

Nah, they took water from ours to wash in! :biglaugh:

Check how many units you used on the meter and maybe shower together to save costs :D

Martin