Solar Panels?

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi all,

We're moving in to a new property next month and it has a pool - (still can't quite believe it!!) :jiggy:

the pool apparently is all geared up fro solar panels, but doesn't have any at the moment.

People who have a pool tell us the solar panels are worth getting as you can get many more months use out of the pool.... so can anyone recommend a good place to get these from??

I was hoping there might be some winter sales on somewhere if we do it sooner rather than in the summer...

Any help very much appreciated!

Thank you, Alexis

Guest dave&jacky
Hi all,

We're moving in to a new property next month and it has a pool - (still can't quite believe it!!) :jiggy:

the pool apparently is all geared up fro solar panels, but doesn't have any at the moment.

People who have a pool tell us the solar panels are worth getting as you can get many more months use out of the pool.... so can anyone recommend a good place to get these from??

I was hoping there might be some winter sales on somewhere if we do it sooner rather than in the summer...

Thank you, Alexis

There is a grant going for solar panels but think it finishes soon dont know the details but saw it adertised on the tele.

Cheers Dave

Guest kangomik

the grant is for the hot water system on the house, rather than a pool.

The pool heaters have a panel, some have tanks, they circulate the water warming it along the way (if the sun is out) the size of the pool will depend on the size of the panels needed. You may also want a system that shuts off the heating in summer, they can get a little warm i am told on the solar system. Finish work expecting a cool dip, only to jump into a frying pan!

Good idea, and will make a pool more useable, apart from installation its cheap heat!

Guest motlyman
Hi all,

Thank you, Alexis

Hi,

Autumn are pretty good and reasonably priced.

Have a look at their website, work out your size of pool then what you need from the site.

When you know what you want, let me know and i will get it at a discount price for you.

Basicly pack A. is the connecting/fitting kit and pack B. are the panels.

The number of pack Bs is dependent on pool size. (about 80% of pool surface is required)

You then need to decide if you want/need a seperate pump and/or controller.

Hope this helps

Colin