Trade jobs at the Desal

Moosh

Commencing tomorrow, AdelaideAqua (the Adelaide Desalination Plant) will be running a recruitment advertising campaign (both print and on-line) seeking general expressions of interest for Workforce roles.

These roles are forecasted to commence between July and Dec 09 and include:

TRADES:

Crane Operators (C0 / CN)

Forklift Operators

Riggers

Scaffolders

Dogmen

Concreters

Tunnellers

Coded Welders

Boilermakers

Pipefitters

SUPERVISORS:

Rigging

Piping

Mechanical

If you are experienced in any of the above criteria, please go to www.adelaideaqua.com click on "Work with Us". Candidates will be prompted to register their personal details, attach a copy of their CV, then download a Workforce application form which will need to be signed and returned to the Recruitment team via the website.

• 2 months later...
Guest ben&sharon

Hi there, sorry to jump on an old thread, but you may be able to help me. I've just arrived over from the South East UK. I have quite a bit of experience with industrial instrumentation, particularly in the water industry (Thames Water - also part of United Water). Would you know if any positions for instrument techs (or similar) would be available at any sites in the area. Or alternatively do you know of someone I could contact about this sort of thing?

Any help gratefully accepted!

Ben

Dogman Jobs

Dogman jobs involve helping crane operators in all sorts of on-site work. The main task in dogman jobs is to guide the crane to the right direction using a variety of hand signals and sounds. People in dogman jobs sit at the base of the crane, which gives them a good view of the area but puts them in a rather dangerous position. This is why dogman jobs are considered hazardous and require adequate protective gear. Like other labourer jobs, dogman jobs can have part-time or full-time hours and are usually project-based.

Average pay for dogman jobs pay are often based on constant flow of work-most dogman jobs are active only when there are projects. Work location and size of company are also parts of the consideration.

Dogman Jobs Description

Although crane assistance is the focus of most dogman jobs, many dogman jobs will also have you doing additional tasks such as lifting, hauling and mixing. This is why one should flexible when getting into dogman jobs. Most dogman jobs will also include some or all of the following:

• Guiding cranes and crane operators from the base using approved communication codes
  • Inspecting the materials on the lift to make sure they are secure
  • Adjusting the weights of the load to achieve balance during transport
  • Steadying and balancing loads while suspended
  • Moving goods, materials and equipment around the site to clear out workspaces
  • Assisting in general labour such as lifting, transporting, mixing and pouring

Qualifications for Dogman Jobs

Dogman jobs generally require a crane operator's license, even for jobs that don't involve actual crane operation. You may also need a certification from the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) as well as a high school or vocational diploma. Experience is usually needed as well. Most employers look for at least one year of work experience in similar labourer jobs.

Sorry guys,

I am involved in some of the desal work, but unfortunately i am in Africa at the moment, and haven't been able to get a chance to get the details from my office (every one of us is overseas at the minute) to post up. Goo dluck for those applying fo rthe positions, having worked on the Sydney Desal project i can certainly say the work is well paid.

Guest soggy
Sorry guys,

I am involved in some of the desal work, but unfortunately i am in Africa at the moment, and haven't been able to get a chance to get the details from my office (every one of us is overseas at the minute) to post up. Goo dluck for those applying fo rthe positions, having worked on the Sydney Desal project i can certainly say the work is well paid.

well paid ! maybe I will get my "dogging" licence a go for a job.:)

Simon