Know precast concrete, speak and write very well?
National Precast Concrete Association moved our national office here from Sydney 2 years ago. We have a small staff (currently 2 in the office) and also engage various consultants to do other work (including 2 Sydney-based consultants who each do a day a week for us). The position title is Member Projects Manager. I wonder if you might know of someone suitable?
The position is a largely office-based full time position. If I could narrow down the essential requirements, they would be:
1. That the person has a knowledge of precast concrete and
2. That they have EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills – they MUST be a well spoken, easily-understood verbal communicator, with excellent letter and report writing skills.
The person may or may not have formal qualifications that are somehow related to the precast industry (eg structural engineering, building, architecture). They should be honest, committed, a ‘quiet achiever’ perhaps, happy to work in our small Blackwood office, driven, willing to learn and intelligent.
The person will be assisting with (and progressively taking ownership of) various Member projects that we are currently working on. By way of example, these might include:
- Compiling resources for building, engineering and architectural lecturers, including revising draft lecture material;
- Reviewing and compiling revised website material as it relates to precast products;
- Co-ordinating (with a committee) new precast publications;
- Preparing material for National Precaster;
- Writing submissions on behalf of the precast industry;
- Co-ordinating review of precast seminar content;
- Representing National Precast at industry exhibitions.
If you DO know of anyone who might suitable for, or interested in this position, I would greatly appreciate if you would refer them to our website ::: Home :: National Precast Concrete Association Australia ::: (where they can download a position description), or they can call me on 08 8178 0255.
Originally Posted by SarahBachmann
I don't know anything about precast concrete, my reading, writing and talking is not that good, but if the pay is right i'll have a go.:)
I have PM'd you regarding this role. I shall forward my resume as soon as I know your email address.