A Solution to Your Mail Forwarding Problems.

Guest Matey

Moving to or from Australia? Moving into short term accommodation while you decide where rent or buy? Planning a grand tour of Australia or even the World? FIFO worker? Or simply move around a lot? Have you thought about what will happen to your mail while you’re on the move?

Traditional mail redirection from the Royal Mail or Australia Post requires a fixed forwarding address that migrants and travellers just may not have. Even if you do have a forwarding address in Australia the Royal Mail do not allow you to change this from outside the country and Australia Post charge high fees for doing so. Address Mate has the solution. We can provide you with an Australian address to which all of your mail can be sent or forwarded. You can then use our new website to;

• Control when and where your mail is sent.
  • Change addresses as many times as you like free of charge.
  • View your mail online.
  • Dispose of any junk mail.

Customers can update their forwarding address online at any time. If you’re still on the move we can securely store your post until you’re ready to receive it or even scan documents so you can read them online wherever you are in the World.

For more information have a look at our website at www.addressmate.com.au .

Special offer for PomsinAdelaide members – 12 months for the price of 6 months. Open to the first 5 PIA members who join Address Mate during October 2010. Join for 6 months and mention Poms in Adelaide on the registration form when we ask how you heard of us and we will credit your account with 12 months membership

Guest Trakki

or you can simply do what we did and get a PO box at our local post office, not expensive for a year, our plan is to keep it until we buy our own home then don't have to keep redirecting our mail. Just go into the post office, fill out a form, pay the fee $70 something dollars for a year and you get the keys there and then. Also if you have any problems you can go in and speak to them in person.

Hi Trakki,

That's a good idea if you are already in Australia. Unfortunately Australia Post do not allow PO boxes to be set up from outside Australia. So the problem remains of where do you tell the Royal Mail (or other national mail service) to forward your mail to in Australia? In addition once the Royal Mail have been given a forwarding address, it can only be changed at the end of the redirection. As migrants ourselves, we hit this very problem and struggled and it is as a direct result that we created this service.

The service is also ideal for people who are travelling around Australia or even the World and can view their mail online from where ever they are. On our way over we did some travelling and we really needed some way to read our mail but it was impossible. As a result we missed some really important pieces of mail.

It may also be of interest to note that our costs compare very favourably with just opening a PO box with all it's disadvantages and limitations, for example if you decide to relocate a long distance from the PO Box.

Guest Trakki
Hi Trakki,

That's a good idea if you are already in Australia. Unfortunately Australia Post do not allow PO boxes to be set up from outside Australia. So the problem remains of where do you tell the Royal Mail (or other national mail service) to forward your mail to in Australia? In addition once the Royal Mail have been given a forwarding address, it can only be changed at the end of the redirection. As migrants ourselves, we hit this very problem and struggled and it is as a direct result that we created this service.

I have to disagree with what you said here, we got our post initially redirected to my mums and when we had the PO box we just put in writing our new address with the extra fee for redirecting overseas and they changed it then and there with no problem. It works well for us as we are staying in this area but as you said your service is ideal if people are not sure whether they are going to stay in that area or are indeed travelling. I did not mean to upset you posting about the PO boxes but just thought people should know they are available as we only found out through a friend and it has been a godsend for us.

I am sure you will get plenty of takers and maybe we would have used your service had it been around when we moved,

Hi Trakki,

No offence taken. You're right that people should be aware of all the options open to them.

On the issue of altering a redirection from the UK, maybe the rules have changed since you did it, or were you at the end of the redirection period and renewed with the new address?

The Royal Mail website says

"If your redirection is current and you have not received a renewal letter and you want to amend the 'to' address as you are moving again, you will need to cancel your existing redirection and take out a new one."

All the best

OMG Matey why didn't you come up with this 2 years ago when we moved over!! LOL. we had a nightmare getting our post over didn't have anyone in the UK to forward it to and couldn't get a PO box here so a friend in Oz said we could send it to her address, but I would have so used your service:GEEK:. I think its a great idea

Do you mind if I pass your details on?

OMG Matey why didn't you come up with this 2 years ago when we moved over!! LOL. we had a nightmare getting our post over didn't have anyone in the UK to forward it to and couldn't get a PO box here so a friend in Oz said we could send it to her address, but I would have so used your service:GEEK:. I think its a great idea

Do you mind if I pass your details on?

Thank tina&steve. Please do pass the message on - the more people we can help the better

Guest Laights

Hi,

Do you offer the service to people already in Australia. We are based in Vic and will be moving to Adelaide in the near future, I appreciate what one of the previous poster said about post office boxes, but we will be stopping in temp accommodation until we sort a rental out as we are not to sure of the areas, also it would tie us to one place to pick the post up from, which could be quite a distance to travel depending on where we finally decide where to live. Plus it would cut down on the inconvenience of having to keep checking the PO Box to see if we have mail.

Thanks Lisa

PS This is my first post in here, as I was searching for info.

Hi Lisa,

Yes of course, everyone's welcome. We think the service is perfect for people moving or travelling within Australia. And if it takes longer than you expect to decide where to settle you can change you address as often as you like at no extra charge.

I hope you enjoy Adelaide as much as we do. When are you expecting to make the move?

Guest Laights

Thank you Matey,

I will certainly be getting in touch in the next month or so when we have firm dates for moving, I think it will make things a lot easier for me.

We hope to be moving sometime after Christmas. I now just have to get the rest of my list sorted.

Lisa

Guest ErykahDis

We used Pass The Post (http://www.passthepost.com.au) for our mail forwarding service when we arrived in Oz. They are the same kind of business and the service was great. The plan fee is slightly more than address mate but the scan fee and the postal fees are less so in the long run could work out to be cheaper.

There are a few mail forwarding companies out there if you search mail forwarding service australia in google there are around a dozen+

Cheers

Erykah

• 2 months later...

Thanks very much for this.

Mail is becomming a real issue and I have added your details into our new terms and conditions.

I presently have a South african family who are taking 2 years off to tour Oz. every few weeks there's a new address to send really bulky and numerous mail to !

Thanks for providing an alternative.

Tamara

• 2 months later...
Guest forbess

thanks so much for sharing, just about to have a look on your site at the moment - this was starting to cause me some concern!

thanks again