Salarys???

Guest Bather's

Guest Bather's

Hi there,

I know it mey be a bit late to ask this but wondered if you could give some practical advise.

Would $2946.00 P/M be an ok wadge to live on????

or do i need to be looking for more?

thanks

Danielle

Guest kfoley0681

how many of you is there? what area do you want to live in etc some areas rent would be $280 a week some you could pay $500 so if you had an idea of that it may give people an idea to work from! just a rough idea for a family of 6 $4000 a month is a real stretch!

Hi there

We have been here for nearly 3 months now. As the previous answer, it depends for how many people. We are family of 4, and roughly, think that 3500-4000 dolar is enough. What you have to think is that everything is in par as in the UK, if not more. Bread, fruits, eating out etc, only petrol is less. So the more the better, but I think for 3500 nett is the threshold to live "comfortably" here.

regards

Guest Nicky&Andy

its hard to judge how much you would live on or not,

in our experience you adjust to what youve got , as long as you can pay ur rent & bills , we shop around as weve noticed the ozzies do , if somethings on special they stock up , bit hard for us as we dont yet have a fridge, we have a low budget at the moment , but a beer on the beach with a fishing line out is better than being inside (although oh misses his local & mates badley) plus u get to meet alot of locals, they seem to do the same

Guest Bather's

Hi There everyone, thanks for your replys.

There are 3 of us, 2 adults 1 child.

Idearly we would love to live arround Hallet Cove, but that just depend how huch things are!!

Realistically to live anywhere in walking distance to the school we choose would be great as we have to drive to his school at the moment, and he doesnt get to play with any freinds from school...Another thing my son would like is to live near a BMX club. It seems to be the passion at the moment!

Has anyone used the OAA??

We are waiting to find out if we have got it.....We asked for Hallet Cove but also said we would take any area so its a bit of lottery what if anything we may get!!

Started packing some stuff today....7wks 2days to go !!

Guest kangomik

OAA is great if you can get, i thought they were phasing it out?:goofy:

It's not the ritz but will have everything you need, and is a very cheap way to get you on your feet.

Re Salary, depending on what work your in i would view it as a starting point, and you should only be able to go up from there!

Another factor is how much money you bring with you, if any with the current exchange rate, as this money would provide a nice intrest lump sum every month.

If you are looking at OAA then i guess your PR visa, So you will get child allowance and also be able to claim rent assist for that salary.

Remember to take your time when setting up, get to know where things are, for instance if you have to work in the city but want to live at hallet cove you will need to consider transport costs.

You should be able to find a 2 bed place down that way quite easily.