Any jobs in Hospitality???

Guest mark&rachel

Guest mark&rachel

Hi all

Im wondering if anyone knows of any jobs going in the Hospitality industry?

Ive tried looking for part time jobs but with no joy.

Does anyone know of any part time jobs going in coffee shops, bakeries or similar? Im ideally looking for somewhere in the South.

in England i was a Police officer so used to dealing with members of the public and customer services. Ive also just completed a Barista Course so up to date on how to make coffees etc.

Any help even just for xmas jobs would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel

Guest Jo&Phil

I don't know about anything specifically near you. I'm guessing you have already considered paper/online ....there was quite a lot of hospitality jobs in yesterday's Advertiser (Career section) or www.seek.com.au is a good resource.

Good luck with the job hunting

Where abouts in the south are you looking...?

The good lady has a few contacts out and about and she says that there is quite a few vacancies around....

But they do tend to want kids as its the school holidays as they are cheaper and then they can finish them after the christmas period...

Check out the sites.....

But more than anything take your rsume inti the cafes in person that has owrked for people in the past...they get to meet you first hand and get an idea of what your about.

Bakers Delight @ Hallett Cove

Maccas @ Aldinga ( send reumes into Maccas Seaford )

The mrs will drop you a PM...she just said that Maccas @ Aldinga are after Mon - Fri Schoolhours baristas...as they are opening one of their McCafes down here....

HG

Guest mark&rachel

thanks for the replies.

Yes ive done the handing resumes in. Have to go to Port Noalunga and Mclaren but done the others with no joy.

We live in Aldinga. The School hols is a start though and my philosophy is to make myself the employers want to keep me at the end. If they dont then nee bother.

Any help or PMS would be much appreciated.

Rachel

Guest katsmajic

Sorry for the delay Rachel, theres alot of places in Mc Vale, most would be after kids though, Chrisitines in Willunga was advertising recently.

It depends on what your after, hours wise and duties etc....

Its a case of being in the right place at the right time for alot of cafes/restaurants - being there on the day with your resume when they are thinking of hiring...

Theres a new cafe opening in Glenelg soon - Dome - they have a branch in the West Pac Tower and are opening another this week in Handorf - the owners are called Dominic & Edward...worth popping along with your resume to the city and mention youre looking at glenelg etc, the manageress at westpac is Debbie, nice lady - say Katrina the coffee lady recommended them.

If i hear of anything else i'll give you a shout.

Kat

Guest Tterrier81

would u work in a pub, there a few round here that will be getting busy this time of year and will probably be looking for casual staff and the pay is good in pubs

Guest katsmajic

you need rpb - responsible persons badge to work a bar/serve alcohol, a gaming licence to work in a bar with a tab/keno, makes it a bit harder to just get a job - if you have these in place then go for it - pubs pay really well.

Pay in pubs is much higher than other areas of hospitality due to the pokies etc, even kitchen staff earn way more in a pub than in a restaurant.

Contact Support Staff Australasia, they are an agency and have loads of hospitalilty stuff they are trying to cover especially now, when I worked there they were struggling to cover the hospitality side and once you go to a place if they like you they will request you and you will get loads of work, also could lead to a permanent job. David Fishers is the hospitality manager. May be worth a call and have a chat see if you can get anything.

Here's the link to their web site

Support Staff : We'll Work For You

• 1 month later...
Guest mark&rachel

Still going backwards.

Went for one job and was told i had no customer service skills. Dont know what being in the Police for 20 years was!

Not good for morale

Guest moonraker1959
Still going backwards.

Went for one job and was told i had no customer service skills. Dont know what being in the Police for 20 years was!

Not good for morale

Then they're probably not worth working for!!!!Whatever happened to just giving someone a go???Hope you get something real soon Rachel,keep your chin up!x

I know how u feel im in the same position so bored at home wud love something to do and to earn a bit im gona wait until my girls go bk in january and try then. I dont get much luck i dont even hear back from people i've been looking in hospitality as have been working in it for the last 10 years in the U.K its really disheartning when they dont bother calling you back and you have to keep on putting yourself back out there, not good for yourself esteem. Good luck anyway hope you find somthing soon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mark&rachel

Getting silly now even maccas and the like are turning me down BEFORE an interview so i know its not that personal.

Seek and agencies like that dont reply.

Anyone know any good agencies?

Guest Tterrier81

hi, i was just wondering what sort of hours you were after, my boss was talking about maybe employing someone soon and would you be willling to travel to the cbd

Guest kangomik

I struggle with this thread, ok i understand you may need something a little more permanent, BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! with everything thats going on over the summer months and all the adverts in the paper for concerts, clipsall and whatever work, then this must be worth a go to get a foot in the door?

I know age is a factor, the missus is an old bird now and has been told that they employ younger people (even if useless) because they are cheaper..................... thats from the place she works:biglaugh:

It must be a hard market to get into, and i know if you want to work in a pub etc then you have to take a course on customer service ETC. Maybe you could take this type of course off your own bat, making you more appealing to possible employers............. just thinking out loud.

Good luck with the job hunt.

I struggle with this thread, ok i understand you may need something a little more permanent, BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! with everything thats going on over the summer months and all the adverts in the paper for concerts, clipsall and whatever work, then this must be worth a go to get a foot in the door?

And getting an aussie reference on your resume is worth its weight in gold

(PS@ Mik, I'll tell her what you said btw - you better start running now!)

Guest kangomik

she's working as we speak, and yes it's nearly midnight. She will be too tired to thump me.

Oops better go i think i can here the car comming down the road! :biglaugh:

Don't you love night fill:jiggy: