Window cleaners

I was thinking of starting upa window cleaning business when we arrive in Sept.

I was thinking 12 /15 dollars per standard house on fortnightly / monthly clean.

Does this price sound right and do people in Adelaide use window cleaners on a regular basis.

Appreciate any feedback and advice.

Cheers Trev.

:biggrin:

Guest hughescl
I was thinking of starting upa window cleaning business when we arrive in Sept.

I was thinking 12 /15 dollars per standard house on fortnightly / monthly clean.

Does this price sound right and do people in Adelaide use window cleaners on a regular basis.

Appreciate any feedback and advice.

Cheers Trev.

:biggrin:

We were discussing window cleaners today and I think based on our conversation you will be well underpriced, I think the rates are 3 x what you are suggesting. Good Luck Claire :)

Guest hughescl

Not 100% but sure it's on a regular basis so would be monthly I think, we have not had ours done so maybe someone else on here will comment but from what I understand the ozzies are prepared to pay for it

Prices for window cleaning are far higher than that. HOWEVER, no-one seems to do it on a regular basis which is, I think why it is so expensive, as the contractor would be travellling out to do just one house, on a one off basis. If you can build up a whole street 3-4 weekly (as per UK) then you would be able to be cheaper and I think it is a great idea, you may just need to change peoples way of thinking.

I think it's a great idea but think you would struggle to get the business going here. You have to consider that most windows have screens on them too.

Aussies just don't seem to want clean windows, don't think I have ever seen any being cleaned, that coupled with the fact the majority (not all I admit) of houses are single story they can do them themselves if the want to.

The windows do get dirty but not in the same way in the UK either

Maybe you could offer it as part of a generally cleaning service?

I would think very carefully about it but I do wish you all the luck with it...

Like many Australians, I pay to have my windows cleaned inside and out, most years towards Christmas and pay at least around $100 - $120 for a good job including screens and surrounds. I don't know many who charge below that, and you would probably have to have someone at home to remove the screens for access to the windows. The rest of the time, we do them if they are very dirty or we have special visitors coming. With the screens in place, you can't actually see that they are not clean and it doesn't worry me too much. I may contemplate having them done more often if it was that cheap, but to be honest, I think you would soon go broke at that sort of price.

At your prices I'll book ya hahaha

never seen a window cleaner here and my neighbour once why i clean my windows so much (about once a month) thats the ones with no screens getting the screens on and off are a pain and mine have a special screw and i dont have the tool to remove them :( so think about taking screens off in your price.

Good luck x

I have a wondow cleaner who comes once every 3 months and does the outside for $50. Once a year he does inside and out for $100

I would love him to come monthly if Im honest as I have 2 dogs who think they are ornaments and insist on standing on the ledge outside the patio dorrs with their nose resting on the glass

Little buggers lol

Hiya Trev,

Love your attitude,considering you're not even here yet!I reckon you would do well here.Adelaide is a dusty place IMO,and i've seen loads of houses in dire need of a good old wash n shine.Perhaps you should extend your itinery to also doing Gutters etc,and basically sprucing up grimy houses outdoors.There definitely is a market here for this,and i would do it myself if the march of time had'nt taken it's toll on me old back!Best of Luck Amigo.