New South Aussie business - please support a local!

Guest Hot Deals Adelaide

Guest Hot Deals Adelaide

Hi there,

I'm a 27yo South Aussie gal attempting to take on the interstate and international group buying daily deal sites.

Please visit www.hotdealsadelaide.com for our very own voucher site.

Only featuring SA businesses, only selling to SA folk and keeping all the money here in SA!

Please feel free to email me if you know of a business who would like to be featured. Only requirement is to be in SA! Home businesses, Mum's businesses, anyone with an ABN welcome!

Please sign up to our mailing list and let us save you some money while also supporting local businesses and charities.

Thanks for your time!

Megan :)

Guest Hot Deals Adelaide

So sorry, didn't realise I needed to get this approved by a Moderator first. :shocked:

Can someone please point me in the right direction for getting approval? Very sorry! Such a newbie...

Guest Hot Deals Adelaide
Sounds good, i will advertise it in various other forums that im in that do allow advertising etc.

When is it starting?

Thanks Mark&Rachel! That would be very much appreciated :-)

We are planning to launch our first deal on Thursday August 25 and hopefully have our first Charity Day Friday August 26th (awaiting confirmation on this).

Thanks again :-)

What sort of percentage rate do you take for the service?? as a lot are taking far too much and putting small buissnes out of buissnes, some want as much as 50% People think there are getting a good deal and some are but not many.The buisnesses are inflating there prices to say you are getting say $100 worth of goods for say $40 a saving of $60. I dont know of many buisnesses that can just knock of such a large amount off and still make a profit and the deal people still to get there cut of upto 50%.They will give you a voucher to use with the next visit how many people use that voucher ??and thats included in the price to make up the value. So most of them are not as good a deal as you think.I know a few people that have bought them only to wait to use the services and can not get booked in within the timescales and loose them or the places have shut down by the time they go to use them.

Guest Hot Deals Adelaide
Whats a Charity day involve?

Hi Ian,

We completely agree!

Please check out more at our website (so I don't overload the board here!), but we are taking the Scoopon/Spreets/etc model and making it better as we agree they are putting people out of business or under extreme stress.

There are a lot of daily deal group buying websites around so what makes Hot Deals Adelaide “better”?

We love South Australia – we are based here and only offer deals for SA.

We also want to support the businesses of SA. That is why we only take 9% commission on deals sold, with 91% of the profits going back to the local business offering the hot deals.

Did you know that some group buying sites take up to 50% of the deal price? Great for them, but how does that help our South Australian businesses?

Because the businesses we feature keep most of the profit, they are able to offer even hotter deals to the folk of SA. They get a better deal so they can give you a better deal!

Most of the biggest players in the daily deal area are also based over in Sydney or Melbourne. So they are taking up to 50% of our local companies profit and taking it back to the east coast!

We love supporting SA businesses, but it doesn’t stop there. We also want to give back to other areas of the state’s community. That is why we created Charity Days, exclusive to Hot Deals Adelaide. See Giving Back: Charity Days for more info.Cheers

Guest Hot Deals Adelaide
Whats a Charity day involve?

Instead of just offering a deal and people buy the vouchers, on a Charity day we promote the business being featured along with a local charity and all of Hot Deals Adelaide 9% profit goes to the charity along with a percentage of the featured business' profit (not necessarily advertised, a percentage they are comfortable with). People still buy vouchers as normal but they know some of their money will be supporting a local charity and there is the cross-promotion for the charity and the business.

Depending on the business and the location and the charity, we will also try to have some sort of promotion on the day such as people in store, posters in the lead up and a certificate after for display.