Advertising

Guest m.jephcott

Guest m.jephcott

Hi

Trying to drum up some business and I am wondering where people have successfully advertised there businesses. We have tried the messanger but so far had no responses, plus it is expensive.

To those looking for trades people, where would you look if you don't know anybody? We are happy to set aside a budget for advertising but only if it generates some interest.

Thanks

Wouldn't have a clue where to advertise, but personally if I needed a builder my first point of call would be to google and ask on here for recommendations.

That said, being under 30, I'm probably not your target demographic, and am probably a bit more computer literate than many houseowners.

Definitely get yourself a website up and running, as nowadays more and more people turn to Google when they're looking for someone. If I needed someone to do something for me, I'd probably ask around the neighbours, so you could think about maybe putting an ad in some local school newsletters, if they do that sort of thing. That way you'd hit the local people, and benefit your local community perhaps. What about speaking to past clients and offering some kind of incentive scheme for referrals? Or printing out some fliers and doing a letterbox drop in your target areas.

One of the things that often seems to come up is tradies not turning up when they say they will, so any ad you place should emphasise that you won't let people down like that. Should make you stand out in the crowd.

Hi Mellisa,

Hope that you and Sean are doing well. I know that the building trade is slow right now.

I agree with Diane about the web site. Lisa from Captive Visuals does a really good site.

Do you have some business cards that you can drop off at the house? Recommendations and word of mouth are really important. My son in law manufacturers and fits kitchens...he has too much work....I can give him some cards to hand out for you. We have a painter / tiler friend staying with us...he can do the same.

If I can help in any way...

Tamara

Guest m.jephcott

Hi

Thanks for all your replies, a website is definetely at the top of the list, we had intended to do it as soon as OCBA gave Sean his licence but as they took so long making there decision, I had already started a full-time course at Flinders. We will enlist some help on that.

Will also look into some fliers, and advertising in the local supermarkets.

Thanks Tamara I will drop off some business cards when we are done your way at the weekend.