Can anyone help with our home cinema and network?

jim and adel

When we had our house built last year we had various rooms connected by cat5 (or whatever it is!) to a Hills Hub in the garage, and speakers in the ceilings of the family room and living room so we could have music piped from the home cinema. The people who did this (they were in at the same time as our builders but were a dedicated home cinema company) unfortunately proved to be useless and although I've had them back a couple of times, the system doesn't do what it's supposed to do. Also, at the moment we use a wireless router from our broadband to our laptop, but we'd like to take advantage of the built-in networking capabilities of our house and connect up the various devices that are in different rooms (for example, so that we can watch movies that are on the computer in the study from the comfort of the family room etc). Again, our home cinema people who could apparently do all this have been unable to do all this!

Is there anyone out there who's good at solving problems, knows their way around wires and cables and technology who could take a look? Very happy to pay the going rate as long as we get things up and running!

Cheers, Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest loopylisa

My boyfriend does stuff with media centres- ie using windows media centre to set up networks etc. I have spoken to him and he is happy to offer a quote. You can find his details through my lcr link in my sig. His name is Tyson

• 2 weeks later...