Roxby downs

Guest chidge10

Guest chidge10

Hi.

Does anyone work or know anyone who works up at Roxby downs. I am hoping to get my visa soon and was wondering if there is any work up there for Carpenters and joiners. Ive looked at a few websites but cant see anything for the construction trades up there.

Cheers Chidge

Hi.

Does anyone work or know anyone who works up at Roxby downs. I am hoping to get my visa soon and was wondering if there is any work up there for Carpenters and joiners. Ive looked at a few websites but cant see anything for the construction trades up there.

Cheers Chidge

I dnt know anyone who works up there mate, but its a long way out from the city.....

Fly in fly out job....

Check out soem if he house builders down here, Statesman, Sterling, Homestead, Sarah homes and Rivergum to just a few.

do a bit of googling there are alot of house builders down this way.

HG

Guest nishman

With the current down turn and multiple layoffs from BHP, I would say that things are a little quiet in Roxby (Roxby is essentially the town next to the mine and plant at Olympic Dam). Same goes for the other "regional areas" of Whyalla and Pirie that were booming 12 months ago

Guest Roo1

I'd agree with you Nishman. Roxby contracts have been winding down for awhile now. My OH works for Built Environs (took 1hr 30 mins to fly into Roxby) his project is finished and he is now working on other contracts around Adelaide CBD.

You can tell too that the town is not "booming" like it was, houses are staying much longer on the market and you can definitly pick up a bargain there now!!

The company that I am temping with had workers at Roxby, but a lot of them have now been transfered from there to other jobs in SA and Victoria because of the down turn at Roxby.

One of the people that was working at Roxby but is now working with me in Adelaide showed me a map of Roxby Downs and there were various businesses advertising on the map.

One of them is Xceptional Recruitment based at Olympic Dam phone number 08 8671 1700 (no web address on the advert), so might be worth contacting them to find out the current job market there as it says they recruit temp, contract and perm staff as plant operators, trades, labourers, technical/engineering and admin.