Argh! More 495 misconceptions.

Just had to come and rant!!!!!

I applied for a position through a recruitment agency today and as I am a 495 visa holder had to answer temporary when the online form asked about my visa status (I'm not going to get into saying PR when I am not). The job is absolutely perfect for me and the advert does not ask in any way for Permanent Residence. The consultant just emailed me to check my visa status and despite me explaining the visa conditions to her and attaching a copy of the Immigration SA letter to my email re the SIR/SRS visas has the cheek to tell me that a 495 only allows me to work for one employer for 6 months and will not put me forward for the position!!! Argh. :arghh: How frustrating, the job is a perfect fit for me and I cannot get past her to put in an application direct.

I need to do a bit of detective work to track it down and put in my CV on spec, anyone got any ideas about a not for profit organisation which would have a team of HR people (so would probably be fairly large) and is based in the inner southern suburbs?

Flutterby

Guest cunnah10
Just had to come and rant!!!!!

I applied for a position through a recruitment agency today and as I am a 495 visa holder had to answer temporary when the online form asked about my visa status (I'm not going to get into saying PR when I am not). The job is absolutely perfect for me and the advert does not ask in any way for Permanent Residence. The consultant just emailed me to check my visa status and despite me explaining the visa conditions to her and attaching a copy of the Immigration SA letter to my email re the SIR/SRS visas has the cheek to tell me that a 495 only allows me to work for one employer for 6 months and will not put me forward for the position!!! Argh. :arghh: How frustrating, the job is a perfect fit for me and I cannot get past her to put in an application direct.

I need to do a bit of detective work to track it down and put in my CV on spec, anyone got any ideas about a not for profit organisation which would have a team of HR people (so would probably be fairly large) and is based in the inner southern suburbs?

Flutterby

This is so annoying for the likes of yourself on this SIR visa....one of the reasons why the lovely Cazzie took all her evidence "high up" to highlight this major problem for some people are sadly experiencing when trying to secure a job!!!!

This is so annoying for the likes of yourself on this SIR visa....one of the reasons why the lovely Cazzie took all her evidence "high up" to highlight this major problem for some people are sadly experiencing when trying to secure a job!!!!

I know, Cazzie did a good job highlighting it to the MP, it is just so frustrating! I am lucky that I have a part time job so have some money coming in and have had interviews from other sources but when you are told that your visa doesn't let you do things that you know you can do! ARGH!

Guest redfoxy

To get to absolutley correct it is PROVISIONAL not TEMPORARY !!

I under stand your frustration as yes it is PR if you work for 12 months !!

Good Luck !!

Guest wemadeit

I fully understand your frustrations - I am on the same visa and no work in the 7 months I've been here - and there are lots of jobs which meet my skill set, yet they never put me forward!! I have probably fallen out with 10plus recruitment (funny name really as they have been no help whatsoever!) agencies and if it wasn't for my wife getting a permanent role with the STATE GOV'T (unbelieveable - I know), we would have left by now!! I took it up with SA Immigration who have categorically confirmed 495 visa holders can work for anyone as long as it meets the criteria of living and working in SA! I wish you all the best - good luck!!

The only not for profit organisations I know are Anglicare SA