Secondary Teaching - What subject?

I am currently a secondary teacher 11-18yrs in England teaching Religious Studies/Citizenship/Sociology. I will be applying for permanent residency next month but am concerned about what subject I would be able to teach in an Adelaide secondary school. Would struggle to find a job? Looking at various websites it looks as though the subjects in Aus school are different to here in the UK!!

What are my best options? Thanks

Adelaide SA
      196 times
      Hi David,
      Your subjects all come under the umbrella of S&E(Society and Environment) for lower middle school or SOSE (Studies of Society and Environment) for middle/upper school, so you should be ok. Like the UK, subject shortages seem to be Maths and Science. Good luck.
      Australian Cities App for iPhone and iPad, the must-have lifestyle and travel app for Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Gold Coast, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/aust...736505884?mt=8

Hi, I have simliar concerns - I know some of the schools teach Psychology and I assume Business studies - just wondering what the job situation is like at the moment. I have applied to a few agencies and will be doing my obligatory day courses when we arrive on an extremely limited budget due to the housing crash :( - Kinda getting more worried closer to departure time.

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums