Licence to plaster

Denise

I hope someone can help with this, we arrived 2 weeks ago and my hubby who is a plasterer is looking for work and has been told he needs a white card(sorted) an ABM (sorting this morning) and a license to plaster which apparently is a 4 day course. Does anybody know what this course is and where it is held? We are struggling to find out exactly how to gain this license and am hoping somebody on here can help.

Thanks

Guest mantis88

Hi Denise.

Hope your settling in! Give TAFFE SA a ring, if they don't do the course they should know who do's!

Drop us a line when your ready to pick up your hockey stick again.

Dave

Hi Denise.

Hope your settling in! Give TAFFE SA a ring, if they don't do the course they should know who do's!

Drop us a line when your ready to pick up your hockey stick again.

Dave

Hi there

I was only talking about hockey last week with 2 other friends (you know who you are!) Looks like you will have 3 new recruits, Ill get in touch next week when I am all organised although the hockey stick is here already!

Denise

Hi Denise,

The requirements for the licence are two components of the Cert 4 in small business management. They can be done through TAFE but they do not run them all the time.

We have a builder staying with us and he has just done them over a weekend through the Master Builders Association.

If your hubby is looking for work we need the front of our house rendering?

You can send me a pm or e mail me at contact@homesdownunder.com.au

Tamara

Hi Denise,

The requirements for the licence are two components of the Cert 4 in small business management. They can be done through TAFE but they do not run them all the time.

We have a builder staying with us and he has just done them over a weekend through the Master Builders Association.

If your hubby is looking for work we need the front of our house rendering?

You can send me a pm or e mail me at contact@homesdownunder.com.au

Tamara

Hi

Thanks for that and thanks for the offer of the rendering work but Nathan is reluctant to do any kind of work until he is officially registered just because our visa is temporary we are really wary of doing anything unless it is 'By the Book'

Really appreciate your offer.

Denise

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nurse sue
I hope someone can help with this, we arrived 2 weeks ago and my hubby who is a plasterer is looking for work and has been told he needs a white card(sorted) an ABM (sorting this morning) and a license to plaster which apparently is a 4 day course. Does anybody know what this course is and where it is held? We are struggling to find out exactly how to gain this license and am hoping somebody on here can help.

Thanks

hiya

my oh is a plasterer and we are currently accumulating my hours so we can apply for a 175; can i ask what a white card is, and where do you get it from? and an abm? :confused:

thanks,

sue

Hi there Sue,

The white card is no big deal...it's a card to allow you to work on building sites. It covers Occupational Health and Safety plus other issues and can be done in a day for about $80.

An ABN is an Australian Business Number. There is plenty of info on the taxation website.... www.ato.gov.au

Essentially what it is..... you get a TFN (Tax File Number) as an individual taxpayer but for persons working on their own (self employed or running a business) you get an ABN as well. You use this ABN for everything related to work...buying a vehicle, getting paid, dealings with the tax man etc.

Again...no big deal...you get it online in around 15 to 20 minutes. I have an ABN for running the rental business in adition to my TFN as an individual taxpayer.

Any more questions...just ask!

Tamara

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tracey

Thanks

Hi Denise, Can i ask how you are getting on with the plastering side of things. We fly out in September and my husband is also a plasterer. I was wondering how work is out there. Any information would be much appreciated as i think he is worried about finding work once there. Trace

Hi Tracey

Nathan is struggling to find any plastering work and has been in touch with loads of plasterers here who have had no problem but they have all been here around 10ths or more, seems we came at the wrong time but there are more opportunities once he has his licence. There are hardly any jobs around and the ones that are state they want the white card, ABN and licence so we are getting there as he will have all this by the end of August.

There are a few plasterers on this site who have had no problem getting work but they dont say where it is!! Keeping it all for themselves, (hope I'm not offending anyone who I dont mean!!)

Anyway, the good news is there is plenty of labouring work around and Nathan is working at the moment on a construction site until the plastering work comes along, apparently the government are investing a lot of money over the next few months in re generation of schools and housing which will mean more work for all tradies.

PM Me if you like and Ill let you know how we get on and will share info as much as we can.

Denise

Guest nurse sue
Hi Tracey

Nathan is struggling to find any plastering work and has been in touch with loads of plasterers here who have had no problem but they have all been here around 10ths or more, seems we came at the wrong time but there are more opportunities once he has his licence. There are hardly any jobs around and the ones that are state they want the white card, ABN and licence so we are getting there as he will have all this by the end of August.

There are a few plasterers on this site who have had no problem getting work but they dont say where it is!! Keeping it all for themselves, (hope I'm not offending anyone who I dont mean!!)

Anyway, the good news is there is plenty of labouring work around and Nathan is working at the moment on a construction site until the plastering work comes along, apparently the government are investing a lot of money over the next few months in re generation of schools and housing which will mean more work for all tradies.

PM Me if you like and Ill let you know how we get on and will share info as much as we can.

Denise

ive noticed people saying that - theres lots of work, but dont say where! :cute: (no offence intended either)

we had some relis from adelaide over last month who said there seemed to be a lot of work in construction, in as much that all the building projects seemed to be starting with the usual regularity where they were (near victor harbour), and their friends who had kids leaving school this past year had no problem getting work in construction.

how this fares for plasterers is another thing ... we have asked them to ask around for us - will let you know if i hear anything.

sue x

Thanks Sue

Since my last post on this thread things are looking up. All this labouring for construction sites has lead to some great contacts and there is plenty of work coming up September October time so its been worth the while doing the labouring. We get the impression with all this school funding that things will pick up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nurse sue
Thanks Sue

Since my last post on this thread things are looking up. All this labouring for construction sites has lead to some great contacts and there is plenty of work coming up September October time so its been worth the while doing the labouring. We get the impression with all this school funding that things will pick up.

hi denise,

thats excellent news!

came on to post that last night i was on the adelaidenow website and clicked onto the job search - 2 or 3 plasterer jobs came up for adelaide:)

How did Nathan find being a labourer? what kind of hours did he work, and was he treated fairly by the other workers?

Sue

hi denise,

thats excellent news!

came on to post that last night i was on the adelaidenow website and clicked onto the job search - 2 or 3 plasterer jobs came up for adelaide:)

How did Nathan find being a labourer? what kind of hours did he work, and was he treated fairly by the other workers?

Sue

Hi Sue

The labouring is fine, really varied from days to nights pay ranges from $20 -$30 per hour and everyone he has worked with has been really friendly. Its quite a nice way of doing things.