Jobs in manufacturing

Guest harper210267

Guest harper210267

Hubby, looking for jobs in manufacturing,,,obviously, you can't get one unless they sponsor you, without a visa.

Just been writing out our form for the state sponsorship and trying to show how much we really want to move to Adelaide. The more I view the place the more impatient I become and can't wait to get out there.

Hubby, is looking for a job as a plant manager/operations in either automotive or medical sector.

He can also do LEAN/SIGMA and business development.

Has an MBA in business othe qualies in polymer technology and other.

Anyone got an idea for wher to look or what's best way to do this.

:)

Guest Greg & Dani

I dont want to spread the manufacturing gloom but I have to agree with what Diane has already said. I am looking for work as a maintenance / manufacturing engineer and I have had no luck in the 4 months I have been here.

Your husband sounds more experienced then myself so I think he would be looking for positions higher up the ladder than I am but as Diane said there seem to be alot of people going for a few jobs. BUT there are some positions out there that I have seen that might suit him. A good place to start is to look on www.seek.com.au on this site you can filter your searches to narrow down the results to Engineering and Manufacturing. I dont think this site will help him get sponsored but it will give you an idea of whats out there.

If he is successful in finding a role I know a really good hard working engineer thats looking for work :-)

On a brighter note as far as I am concerned there are worse places to be unemployed.

Adelaide does have a lot of small manufacturing companies (and a few big ones) its just a matter of knocking on doors.

Stay positive, keep trying and it'll happen. ( I hope )

Automotive: Holden and Bridgestone (Mitsubishi closed)

but bare in mind that both companies aren't recruiting new staff, Holden reduced shifts

I have worked with manufacturing companies before as I work in Logistics/Supply Chain and I can't get a job in that area. My husband the same, so far nothing! At least I am temping but it's not in my area of work.

Guest harper210267

Sounds the same as the UK then??

Really appreciate the honesty and hopefully you will have some look with your careers soon.

Oh well 'ce la vie', hopefully it will get better and he'll get a job pretty quick.

Take care, Lisa.x