UK Qulaifications to Australian recognised

Hi there,

We are moving in September and have been trying to find out how I can go about getting my qualifications transferred to the Australian Equivalent.

I hold a level 3 in Child Care and Development, and have been the deputy supervisor at a sessional care provider (2-5 years) for the last 2 and a half years (worked in childcare for 7 years).

Does anyone know who I need to get in contact with the find out what the Australian equivalent of my qualification is and how to get it certified?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Julie

Guest katsmajic

Hi, you need to go to the Skills Recognition Centre on Currie Street in the city, its near the westpac tower.

They do the skills transfer there and then and give you a certificate equivilent to go with your uk certs.

oh and its free....they have wickedly long waiting lists at the moment tho so call ahead to make an appointment.

I went into the Skills Recognition Services this week and they say the current waiting time is 12 weeks.

Make sure you say you need it to apply for jobs or you are looking for work because if you just want to know out of interest they are now turning people down because of the backlog.

Also they now have a sign on the door saying they are not seeing people between 12.00 - 2.00 pm.

Take your passport with you as well because they ask for it as proof you are able to work over here. Another tip it is not inside the building, it is on the right hand corner straight off the pavement.

Depending on queues I would allow at least 1 hour, as you have to take a number and wait for your turn, but hey it's free so you can't complain.

Guest WoodMartin

"I went into the Skills Recognition Services this week and they say the current waiting time is 12 weeks."

Really useful information thanks - any idea if I can book an appointment from the UK, by email or phone? Aiming to arrive end of Sept so a 12 week wait would be about right for us! Not been on their website yet to check though, it may all be there, I hope someone will let me know if they've found out already though. :v_SPIN:

Ali

Guest Tracey

Hi, I emailed them and they emailed me back saying to go to their office once i arrive. they said no appointment necessary for an initial consultation. So i'll be popping in there when i get there.