Anyone working at the Royal Adelaide Hospital?

Guest The Morleys

Guest The Morleys

Hi my names Nina, I've just been offered a job at the Royal Adelaide Hospital (I'm a Nurse) I will be starting in January 2010 and will be working in the E.D.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who works there and can tell me a bit more about my future employer and how you've found settleing in.

Also it'd be great to make some friends before I come over.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Nina

x

Guest VickyB

Hi Nina,

I worked at RAH ED 2006-07. Left as we returned to the UK for 2 years but we have just returned and I am considering picking up casual (bank) shifts again soon (now have a 7 month old daughter).

Great department and staff but SOOOOOOO busy.

Please don't hesitate to PM with any particular questions. Vicky

Guest The Morleys

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your reply. I'm used to busy...I work for the NHS. lol. Did it take you long to settle in? We've never been to Adelaide, can you recommend some nice areas to live?

I can't wait to come over it's the middle of summer in England and it's been raining all week!!! sooooo depressing.

Nina

x

Guest clairw75

Hey Nina

I have applied for a job at RAH - had the phone interview - am waiting for my references to come through etc I have also applied for the ED :D

nothing confirmed yet job wise so dont know when we are going, but it will be as soon as possible! lol

be lovely to talk to someone else who is going through the same thing ;)

Clair

Guest The Morleys

Hi Clair, wow what a small world, how fantastic would it be if we both started in the E.D at the same time!!! When did you have your interview? I am in the same boat as you, I've been provisionally offered a job subject to references etc. I've just started the process of applying for registration with the NMBSA. The RAH are sponsoring me on a 457 visa, what visa are you going on? Where about's in the UK do you live? do you work in A&E over here?

Keep in touch

Nina

x

Guest clairw75

Hey Nina :)

I had my phone interview last thursday, I havent yet applied to the NBSA as they havent actually offered me a job or anything lol just asked for my references :confused:

I work in A&E here so will be a nice change lol :wideeyed:

I believe I'm awaiting an email regarding sponsorship :err:

hmmmmm lol I'm keen but I'm not so sure about them - have to wait and see lol

When was your interview?? were you told how long the process is expected to take?

Take care

Clair x

Guest The Morleys

Hi clair,

I had my interview about 2 - 3 weeks ago, I was told the process takes about 6 months and that january would be a realistic start date.

I do know that the lady who deals with the admin side of things has been on holiday for the last week and only got back on monday.

The waiting is awful, it's so fustrating!!!

Let me know if you hear anything

Nina

x