Printers and binders

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Calling any printers or binders.

My Aussie mate Trev is a manager at Five Star Print.

Apparently they are always on the lookout for good staff.

I mentioned to Trev there may be someone on here looking - he welcomes any skilled arrivals.

No sponsorship though.

<quote>

Hi Russell,

Thanks for a great night Saturday.

Here are my contact details, we are looking for printers and bindery staff.

Have a look at:

http://www.fivestargrafx.com.au/contactus.html'>http://www.fivestargrafx.com.au/contactus.html

http://www.fivestargrafx.com.au/

cheers,

kind regards

Trevor Stone

Operations Manager

Fivestarprint

262 Marion road

Netley SA 5037

P: 8104 6900

F: 8104 6901

M: 0423 581 157

E: tstone@5starprint.com.au

W: www.5starprint.com.au

Guest Guest75

Hiya Mate!

That's a bu**er at work !

If ya do get in touch with Trev,mention me - he is one of the Southern fishing Mafia (mate of Andrew's) - top bloke.

No trips on the salt for a couple of weeks - weather just not kind enough.

Bagged out for my first time on King George Whiting last time :)

Bad timing to be off......................

I away in Ol'Blighty shortly - so no trips for a few weeks.

If I know you are available I'll give you a shout when I'm back - might get you out with Andrew's Dad on the bay - he knows where the fish are.;)

My Aussie mate Trev

I've just got to ask - even though it is not important in the least, I am intrigued....why did you mention that he is Aussie? Do you subconciously catagorise people as Poms or Aussies? What about 'new' Aussies or your Possie-people?

No offence meant honest. :notworthy:

:wubclub: to you all,

LC

Guest Guest75

My Aussie mate Trev

I've just got to ask - even though it is not important in the least, I am intrigued....why did you mention that he is Aussie? Do you subconciously catagorise people as Poms or Aussies? What about 'new' Aussies or your Possie-people?

No offence meant honest. :notworthy:

:wubclub: to you all,

LC

Hi LC.

Dunno really.

I suppose one aspect is to show that Aussies are fair employers and don't have anything against "Newcomers".

You do hear that some "New arrivals" feel as if there is some discrimination against them.

Or I could just leave you intrigued!

Or I could say I categorise people into Mates /yet to be mates/enemies. Loonies/ yet to be loonies/ sane and boring:cute:

Guest Wersal Gummage
I suppose one aspect is to show that Aussies are fair employers and don't have anything against "Newcomers".

A sweeping statement if ever I’ve heard one. Especially from someone I doubt has ever been employed by an Aussie employer.

How many interviews have you been for ?.

There are Unfair, biased and raciest employers out there, take my word for it.

I have personal experience of it. Nothing I could go to court with of course but I know for a fact it happens.

So maybe the one you know is ok so thanks for the heads up.

Guest Guest75
A sweeping statement if ever I’ve heard one. Especially from someone I doubt has ever been employed by an Aussie employer.

How many interviews have you been for ?.

There are Unfair, biased and raciest employers out there, take my word for it.

I have personal experience of it. Nothing I could go to court with of course but I know for a fact it happens.

So maybe the one you know is ok so thanks for the heads up.

I've had 6 interviews in my earlier years here so I have a reasonable perspective on this.

I'm friends with some pretty large Aussie employers and have actually asked about this.They did answer ( and honestly I feel) that they judged applicants upon their merits and not where they came from.

One thing that has been voiced though is a concern that an Australian employer will invest time and energy into a new arrival - only to find for whatever reasons - they up sticks back to the UK.

That makes employers wary here and I cannot say I blame them.

At the end of this - only tried to make it known there were jobs going.:huh:

Guest Wersal Gummage

At the end of this - only tried to make it known there were jobs going.:huh:

I know. Thanks, I was just pointing out that all Aussie employers are not as you say "fair" dont want to give new arrivals the wrong idea now do we.

There are good and bad.

I've had 6 interviews in my earlier years here so I have a reasonable perspective on this
doing what ? did you get the Job ?

Guest Guest75
I know. Thanks, I was just pointing out that all Aussie employers are not as you say "fair" dont want to give new arrivals the wrong idea now do we.

There are good and bad.

doing what ? did you get the Job ?

I'm sure there are some bad un's out there.

3 out of 6.

2 in marketing.

One was working for the RDNS Foundation ,fund raising.Thoroughly enjoyed that!!!

Guest Wersal Gummage
I'm sure there are some bad un's out there.

3 out of 6.

2 in marketing.

One was working for the RDNS Foundation ,fund raising.Thoroughly enjoyed that!!!

Three out of 6 aint too bad, thats about 50% by my reckoning.:GEEK:

But I thought you meant propper jobs.

you may have gone for jobs in marketing but you havent sold me that one yet. :skeptical:

have we gone off the topic a bit :huh:

Guest Guest75
Three out of 6 aint too bad, thats about 50% by my reckoning.:GEEK:

But I thought you meant propper jobs.

you may have gone for jobs in marketing but you havent sold me that one yet. :skeptical:

have we gone off the topic a bit :huh:

It was any work I was after......... I was not really supposed to be in paid employment as we came on a self employed visa,but funds were eaten into.

I enjoyed it thoroughly though,got me into the Aussie way of life quicker.

Yes we have wandered but hey,it's good to exchange views!

[

You do hear that some "New arrivals" feel as if there is some discrimination against them.

Or I could just leave you intrigued!

Or I could say I categorise people into Mates /yet to be mates/enemies. Loonies/ yet to be loonies/ sane and boring

Aaaah! I see :goofy:!

I left for work thinking that I should have aknowledged what a fantastic post it was as well as posing my (silly) question, but I couldn't until now. So, thank you for being so thoughtful; it does seem like there are a fair few printers etc out there so I'm sure they would have been stoked to see such a post. :)

I also thought that it was kinda weird that I picked up on it...I suppose whilst it was interesting to hear why you'd used 'Aussie' as an introduction to one of your (many) mates, it was also interesting that I picked up on it. If you see what I mean?

Ok! Time to wake up the brats! Have a good one!

LC.x

• 4 weeks later...