Career advice

Guest doje6863

Guest doje6863

Well, its offical, Im definately having a mid-life crisis! Ive been in the same profession for twenty years and I need a change. Anybody else feel like making a career change? Wish I was 15 again and could visit the careers advisor!

donna

Well, its offical, Im definately having a mid-life crisis! Ive been in the same profession for twenty years and I need a change. Anybody else feel like making a career change? Wish I was 15 again and could visit the careers advisor!

donna

I know how you feel and I have only been in my career for nearly 11 years. I am thinking of being a midwife?? too many decisions :jiggy:

kath x

I know how you feel and I have only been in my career for nearly 11 years. I am thinking of being a midwife?? too many decisions :jiggy:

kath x

My Aunty in the UK had worked in banking since leaving school and then was made redundant in her early 40's and decided to train as a midwife and is enjoying the change in career.

donna

I seem to go from one disasterous job to another. I hoped when I emigrated things might improve but no such luck! Although speaking to other poms over the 2.5 years we have been here who have also had bad experiences at least makes me feel better that it is not just me!:arghh:

However my partner fell lucky over here and has a job he really enjoys and works with great people and has a great team atmosphere.

donna

Hi Donna,

I've had to do it and not through choice. I started off in nutrition and within a year ended up as a cleaner, it may not be the career choice for some....but I'm loving it!

I work school hours, don't have any stress and actually for the first time in a long time, I am enjoying going to work.

Now I'm not saying this choice is for everybody, but think of something that you know you can do easily without a lot of hassle changing and training and go for it.

Whats the worst thing that can happen? You need to go back to a similar job that you left.....I say bring it on!!!

Good luck x

Guest Lulujim

kath x

NOOOOoooo!! Who will do my hair???? :shocked::biglaugh:

Me too! Ive been a nurse/midwife for 18 years and am so over it..............only problem is I've never done anything else:sad:. I always wanted to be a hairdresser:)

Lindsey

i have a plan. u show me the baby job and i can teach you to cut hair :idea:;)

kathx

Guest doje6863
Me too! Ive been a nurse/midwife for 18 years and am so over it..............only problem is I've never done anything else:sad:. I always wanted to be a hairdresser:)

Lindsey

Just like me! Ive written a list of stuff I think I can do well, for eg: people skills, time management, working independantly, co-ordinator, ability to assess and manage leg ulcers:biglaugh:

donna

Guest milly123
Just like me! Ive written a list of stuff I think I can do well, for eg: people skills, time management, working independantly, co-ordinator, ability to assess and manage leg ulcers

donna

People skills, /Time management:notworthy:ability to assess and manage leg ulcers:nah:

There is just no hope 4 you, ;)

:wubclub:zoexx