Wall & Floor Tilers

Guest andyd

Hi,

We have finally received our visa's & booked our flights on the 2nd Nov.

Can't wait to have a decent summer!! We have decided to stay 3 months at christies tourist park until our container arrives. We found that most places were booked for the summer but I'm sure staying in a challet near the beach will be better than living in Doncaster?!

I am a wall & floor tiler and just received my AQF111 certificate to work in OZ but I'm now told I need to aquire a health & safety certificate to work on construction sites. Could anyone advise me where I should go to get this ?

many thanks

Andy

hi andy,health and saftey(white card)i got mine through the hia call them when you get here.its a six hour course basic stuff,it cost $45 if your registerd with the citb you can do that when you get here its free.i see you will be staying at christies prob see you down the beach im training to be a life guard at the mo.come in the surf club on a friday nite for tea good meals good price,we can have a few coldies.cheers mark.

Hi mark,

Thanks for the advice I will contact citb when i arrive

good luck with the training bet you were a baywatch fan?

cold beer sounds good to me

cheers

Andy

Hi Andy

Cant help you on the tiling info but just wanted to say that yes it will be a tad different than Donnie - We are from Donnie (from Bessacarr but have been here almost 2 years now). Have you booked the caravan park yet? My only concern is that it may be too long and too much in a caravan - we booked a month and then bought bits (like air matresses and picnic set so that we could move into a rental and start living our new rather than being in holiday mode. We have lots of bits that we could lend out to you if you decide thats what you want to do.

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey, We have paid a deposit so I suppose we don't have to stay at the holiday park for 3 months though we have found problems finding rentals as its summer. we will be looking for unfurnished rentals on arrival to determine the best area to live.

we live not far from Bessacar I'm sure you have settled & prefer the lifestyle?

looking forward to our 2yr old boy surfing

cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mark

I notice that your a brickie, im also in the construction trade too as a roofer,at the moment I haven,t decided where in Australia to go,I hope you dont mind me asking,Is there plenty of work for tradesmen in SA at moment?

Hello Mark

I notice that your a brickie, im also in the construction trade too as a roofer,at the moment I haven,t decided where in Australia to go,I hope you dont mind me asking,Is there plenty of work for tradesmen in SA at moment?

hi mate things have gone a bit quiet at the mo.all the signs are there for it to pick up again soon.cheers mark.

Guest hulltigers
hi andy,health and saftey(white card)i got mine through the hia call them when you get here.its a six hour course basic stuff,it cost $45 if your registerd with the citb you can do that when you get here its free.i see you will be staying at christies prob see you down the beach im training to be a life guard at the mo.come in the surf club on a friday nite for tea good meals good price,we can have a few coldies.cheers mark.

hya mark, im also a fellow bricky, we migrate on 27th sept to Adelaide, staying at Hallet cove when first arrive at my aunts tilll we find a place and jobs n that. il call in the surf club on a friday night soon. phil , deb charlie summer

hya mark, im also a fellow bricky, we migrate on 27th sept to Adelaide, staying at Hallet cove when first arrive at my aunts tilll we find a place and jobs n that. il call in the surf club on a friday night soon. phil , deb charlie summer

Hi Guys

we arrived on Tuesday - all going well so far!!!

Looking forward to meeting up for that beer soon!!

Mel and Jim

xxx