• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Admin Work In Adelaide

Hello again

I agree with Diane if you can do a MYOB course it would boast your wages however a lot of the places I've temped have used a wide range of programes so my biggest suggestion is to have a good basic understanding of Myob and you can prob pick the rest up along the way (thats what I did and it wasn't too hard) You can download a test drive of the Myob package at their website this will let you have a little play around with the software so it's not copletely alien.

As for doing courses before you come have a look at the tafe course offered here Cert 3 and 4 in office administration I think they are called (if your not familiar with tafe it's a bit like the old school polytechnic). Look at the skills you would learn doing these courses and then taylor any further study to meet these standards. A lot of companies will ask if you have done or are willing to do your tafe certs (or so I have found) so what I did was draw up a spreadsheet comparing what was offered on the cert 4 and where my study and experience has covered those areas. That way when an employer asked for these qualifications in their ad I attached this spreadsheet to my application showing I could do everything they wanted. This seemed to help because they don't have (or understand) things like CLAIT so it's best to spell it out!

Hope that helps
      craigf and familygood like this.

98 times
      Great advice thanks!
      Good Family, Woodcroft
      Emma 35, Graham 41, Grace 6 and Samuel 3

IELTS Test 27th Sept 08 VETASSES sent 4th Oct 08 IELTS Test 8.5 13th Oct 08 VETASSESS Passed 11th Nov 08
      SA Sponsorship App Sent 24th Nov 08 SA Sponsorship Approved 20th Jan 09 Visa 475 Application lodged 27th Jan 09
      CO allocated meds and pc's requested 11th Feb 09 Police checks received 6th March 09 Meds 10th Mar 09 finalised 30th Mar 09
      Visa Granted 01/04/09! Arrived 20th Jan 2010 887 Permanent Visa appliecation sent 20/01/2012
      887 Visa permanent granted 10/02/2012

Thanks for this ... good to know as I will be looking for Admin work if and when we arrive in Adelaide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums