Award wages look up

Guest knsc

Would you care to expand on this?

Hi,

it's just that I don't think award wages recognise the time and effort of training, the awards for someone who has spent 4 years doing an apprenticeship, or a few years at tafe are somtimes about the same as some jobs that you can learn in a few weeks on the job training. There are examples of this in the UK I know but it seems to be the plan here.

On the positive side of this, many do not bother with years of training and just get a job, this creates a skill shortage and we all get to move to Australia to fill the skills gap.:):):)

Simon

Guest Russfamily

Award wages, well for a sparky its around $24 an hour but most companies offer more due to the fact that it is well out of date and sparks are in demand.

That’s what I am hoping. I am a mechanic and do not think we could live on the award wage. See a lot of ads offering above award wages and wanted to get some idea what the wage would be.

Thanks

Nigel

Guest jimdundee

hi nigel

Me and my Wife are moving to Adelaide in October and i myself am a motor mechanic. I have afew job interviews lined up for when we arrive. I like you am abit confused by the Award Wages but dealership i have an interview with has been able to offer me upto $1000 per week. Which is a little more than what i currently get here in the UK. Just wondering if you have any interviews lined up? Do you work for a main dealer?

Regards

Jas N Caz