Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By graandjac

Thread: Bricklaying tools

Aldinga Beach Adelaide.
      11 times

Bricklaying tools

Hello people,

Looking for some advice on where to buy new hand tools as proberbly going to only bring over my trowel.So will need the basics at first ie spirit levels,club hammers etc to get started.Also in two minds about bringing over my two sets of blakes profiles which are in really good condition.
      The stuff i decided to leave behind are the more heavy things like Mixer,Whacker plate,110vHeavy breaker etc as to dirty or not compatable in Oz maybe.
      Any advice on what to bring or not would be great and also on the builders merchants in and around Port Noarlunga as we hope to live in this area.
      Advice on the work front would be great also with regards to staying self employed.Thinking it would be best to get a start on site as part of a gang to learn the ropes and learn how to build down under,but also very interested in the private sector namely patio work,boundary walls etc if this exists.
      We met up with another family from this site the other day for a drink as he is also a bricklayer and we talked about starting up together when we get to Oz as maybe a 2n1 gang which we hope will get our foot in the door somewhere.
      We fly out on October 16 and they hope to be out soon after so any advice on all of the above or some of it would be great,Thanx for your time in advance and maybe see you down under soon.

Take care regards Scott and Family.

P.S Hulltigers if you read this are you still up for a beer or five mate,hope your preparations are going well as things have gone mad here and we have longer to go than you LOL

Noarlunga Downs, Adelaide
      167 times
      A good place for hand tools is a place called Solder-tec, its just of main south road. Just as you go past the big Adrian Brian ford garage heading towards the city, turn right opposite the U store it Wharehouse and its about 100m on the right. Although its mainly a roofing suppler it has a great hand tool range and I recon the places are good I get all my hand tools there. good luck
      Something you will need to get when you arrive is your white card its a really simple health and safety day course, that you MUST do to get on sites out here. It only costs about $100.00 and you can book them at lots of places online
      Last edited by graandjac; 02-09-2009 at 10:09 AM.
      PompeyPom likes this.

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums