Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By doje6863

Thread: gp plus practice nurse initiative

Stella and Dave

gp plus practice nurse initiative

Hi folks
      Has anybody applied or been successful for this programme, I have applied but not in Oz yet. It sounds very good on paper, anybody else got views or experiences to share? all welcome. Also can anybody shed some light on what RGN 1 year 3-9 as a salary indicator actually means? I don't understand.
      many thanks, stella

lynne
      practice nursing in Adelaide is years behind practice nursing in the UK. Some doctors still do not understand how practice nurses can make them money. But the payment system is not the same in Adelaide so there is not as much chronic disease monitoring or practice nurse managing any chronic disease. As for payment I belive it is not as good as in the hospitals. There is a website for practice nurse in Adleaide and it advertises jobs as well. Good luck

Stella and Dave
      Thanks for the information x

Title
      Liked
      36 times
      Rep
      Stella, did you get my pm?

donna
      Stella and Dave likes this.

Stella and Dave
      Hi Donna
      yes thanks, did you get mine (its so long your probably still reading it!) thanks Stel

Title
      Liked
      64 times
      Rep
      Have x2 friends that work for GP Plus (or whatever ;) ) Both started approx 3 months ago. The education they've had has been excellent (both agree) However one really doesn't like it at all, (thats due more to not getting on with work colleagues than anything else). The other is still thinking about it, shes finding the GP she works with a little frustrating.
      A lot of the work is assessments for chronic disease management and older people. Apparently these assessments generate a LOT of government funding for the practices. Assessments aside they both do ims and vaccs, venapuncture, wound management, assist with minor surgery- very similar to UK practice nurses.
      As for the salary indicator, level 1 is basic RN rates, level 2 would be Clinical nurse (in charge kind of rates), years are simply how long you have been qualified, bearing in mind that yr 9 is the highest rate in level 1.
      Hope this helps a little
      Maria

•  
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums