In job descriptions what does + Super mean?

Guest Woody and Jane

Guest Woody and Jane

Hi, we arrive in Adelaide on November 5th and it just can't come quick enough. We're in the process of applying for jobs even though we think it's a little early.

In lots of the job descriptions it mentions super after the salary.

e.g. $1,000,000 + super + incentives

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks

Woody.

PS I could only dream of a salary that high :biglaugh:

Guest Woody and Jane

Cool, thanks Flutterby. That reminds me that I have to get my pension transferred to Oz at some point. Maybe when the exchange rate is a little more favourable though.

Hey Woody

Usually when jobs are advertised they will quote base plus Super, Super has to be paid at minimum 9% of salary which generally includes bonuses ( http://www.tasplan.com.au/forms/Tasplan-Superannuation-Guarantee-form-final-90983.pdf )

However some employers do pay in more than the 9%.

Just be mindful of jobs being advetised that bundle the whole package, therefore your base would be lower as Super has been included in the advertised salary, only a few do it like this though.

Andy