• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CNC Metal Machinists - Are there many jobs in Adelaide?

1423 times
      There was a few CNC jobs in the careerone this week....its does look like it may be picking up.

But as other posters have said alot of the CNC work tends to be in the north....i used to commute to Wingfield from Seaford every day...takes about an hour....

Hope this helps

132 times
      I am a CNC machinist working in the Wingfield area. I think work is slowly picking up. I know a lot of people in the industry so PM me and I could give you some ideas on who to apply to. I'm not saying that they will guarantee to take you on but its a start.

0 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
      How many axes are you used to working on and what controls are you familiar with? Can you program, set and operate?

I'm time served as a toolmaker with CNC experience, I then retrained as a CNC machine tool technician 8 years ago. My present employer in a Northern suburb employed me after I came here to install a machine for them in June-July 2008. At the time they were extremely busy and were finding it hard to get people to repair their machines, the company sponsored me and we arrived here in January of this year.

The last 6 months have been very quiet, although work is possibly about to pick up for my company. We have 38 CNC's using Heidenhain, Siemens, Fanuc and Fidia controls. Most of the machines are 3 axis mills but we also have two 5 axis mills (only one operator) and 5 CNC lathes. PM me with some of your details and I can ask if we are looking to take any people on.

I've also made several good contacts since moving over here and can certainly speak to them to see if they have any jobs available. Most of the companies I deal with are in the Northern suburbs so if your looking to move South of the city they probably wouldn't be an option.

Hope this helps,

Hi ian,
      I am Pavan from india . I am moving to adelaide on feb 5 2014. I can do any work related to CNC i.e operating, programing, servicing, maintenance, i am familiar in siemens and Fanuc controllers.
      I can do all works related to electrical, control system, mechanical work in a cnc machine. Presently working in a machine tool manufacturing company. Can you help me in giving reference of CNC companies to find my job??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums