NVQ Qualifications

Guest andy&jill

Guest andy&jill

Hello all,

Its normally my hubby that does all the posts on here, so i thought i would give it a bash, at the moment i work at a local primary school as the office administrator, and am working on my NVQ in office admin, my question is does anyone know if the NVQ holds much weight in oz is it recognised etc.

Thanks Jill

Guest sarah_clancy

when you get out ther you need too get your qualification converted into the australia version...

ive got a NVQ level 2 in hairdressing, out there its called ''certificate level 3''

:)

Guest Aussiebound

Thats good to know. i have a level 2 in childrens development, wasn't going to do Level 3 if it had no standing in Aus, will go ahead now and try and complete it in a year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hello Sarah , where is it they convert your qualifcation for you.

To have your NVQ's assessed take them to the SKills Recognition Support Services, TAFE Adelaide City Campus on Currie St,

Ring first (8207 8354) to make an appointment though, doesn't take long, about half an hour or so

Good Luck :)

• 4 months later...
Guest jojo
Thats good to know. i have a level 2 in childrens development, wasn't going to do Level 3 if it had no standing in Aus, will go ahead now and try and complete it in a year.

hi there

i was a SEN teaching assistant in the Uk and i had NVQ 3 in early years care and education. TAFE have transfered it over to a certificate level 4. in early years.

so they will do that, but as you have been told make an appointment i had to wait 5 weeks before they could see me, but they were really helpful. however i havent found many jobs so far for teaching asssitants in the paper or job sites. as i think they are very few and far between.:unsure:

jo xx

I have NVQ level 3 in Business Administration. It is not generally recognised here but I have put on my CV that it is equivalent to Cert IV in Business (Frontline Management). I worked for a company that trained the Cert IV and it was roughly the same as what I did in the UK. Hope this helps.