any brickies

Guest monkeyboy

Guest monkeyboy

:cool:hi there, me and my family are thinking of coming to live in adelaide im a brickey does anyone no what the new procedures are that are out in SEPT ,i've heard that it might go up another £1000 and you have to do a test. OR would it be cheaper to do the test out there. cheers, hope someone can help.also i have LEVEL2 NVQ in bricklaying does this mean anything in oz

Guest ralph n bev

Hi Monkey Boy,

Welcome to the site.

Ralph is a brickie. Im sorry we dont know anything about the new changes in September as they wont affect us. The best thing you can do is get in touch with a good agent , most do a free consultation.

We are using Go Matilda. People do go it alone , each to there own, but at least you will get the correct info you need up front , before you decide to use one or not.

By the way you must be able to prove that you have actually been laying bricks for at least 20 hours a week for so many years , cant remember off hand. They dont want formen , just the brickies!!

You have to do a T.R.A. detailing what you do on a daily basis and what tools you use, how you make a mix , its harder than it seams too,from your city n guilds , apprentiship, to present day.

Also , when you finally get the visa , once in Australia , if you want to work for your self , which Ralph does , as that's what he's been doing for 20 plus years , you have to get either a commercial or residential licence to prove that you can actually do what you said you could do in the T.R.A. :mad:

Which means a college course , which of course you have to pay for as well , everyone has to do this though, so i suppose its a good way to stop the cowboys!!

The money you can earn on site is not what you may be used to either !!

$25/30 an hour:(.

You can earn a lot more in Perth , but everything else is more expensive there too.

Like over here , the moneys there to be made but really you need to be doing it yourself.

Where abouts do you live ? We are in West Yorks.

Hope ive helped a bit ,

Bev;)

Guest monkeyboy

cheers ralph and bev for reply thats helped alot we sent off for our visa yesturday,so hopefully everything goes to plan. we live in berkshire with our little boy connor who is 18months and another one due 2 weeks thurs.

Guest ralph n bev
cheers ralph and bev for reply thats helped alot we sent off for our visa yesturday,so hopefully everything goes to plan. we live in berkshire with our little boy connor who is 18months and another one due 2 weeks thurs.

Hiya ,

good luck with the birth in the next couple of weeks!

We thought it would be nice to have 18 month 2 year gap between our first and second baby, then found out we were having twins:o, hard going in the early days.

When you say your sending off for the visa, do you mean the application forms?

I'd double check with an agent first about your experience and nvq2 before you go sending anything off to Oz.

The agents do a free initial consultation to see if you will pass the T.R.A. bit. It could save you paying out , in the long run.

The T.R.A. is the hardest part i.m.o. .

Our agent said that ours was very good , but said that we had to re read it and correct the tenses !!

They want all your certificates and written proof that you have done your apprentiship . If any companies you have worked for ar'nt around any more, you have to go to companies house and get proof they existed and then go to the solicitors and swear on it!!

Bev