Real Estate but no qualifiactions.....

Guest hensonmonsta

Guest hensonmonsta

Hi everyone

My family and I are looking into moving to australia but we are finding it difficult to get our heads around the employer sponsor visa :err: can any one tell me if an employer would employ me in Real Estate even though I don't have the qualifications from England? I have been in the trade for 13 years and managed my own real estate branch, so I have the experience but nothing in the form of qualifications.

I'm thinking of sending my CV over to a receuitment agency to see if they would consider, there seems to be lots of jobs in this trade.

Any help would be appreciated :confused:

Teresa and family

Guest kellyp

Hi

Not absolutely sure but think you go to Uni over here for this type of work. You could try the Uni sites as well as TAFE (like college) and seems a good idea to suss out the agencies etc.

Good Luck

Kelly

Guest Guest75

Hi Theresa

You would have to get your real estate ticket as far as I know.

Real estate agencies are always on the look out for prospective candidates.

Even I was asked once if I fancied a career in real estate.

This was through Century 21 at Morphett Vale, there is an online test/ profile evaluation somewhere!

Try contacting them and see what they need - John Druitt is a nice bloke there.

http://www.century21.com.au/southern/

:)

Guest hensonmonsta
Hi

Not absolutely sure but think you go to Uni over here for this type of work. You could try the Uni sites as well as TAFE (like college) and seems a good idea to suss out the agencies etc.

Good Luck

Kelly

Thanks you Kelly for the reply; I've just about finished putting together my C.V so I hope to email over to some agencies fairly soon, I hope I get a possitive responce. wish me luck :-)

Guest hensonmonsta
Hi Theresa

You would have to get your real estate ticket as far as I know.

Real estate agencies are always on the look out for prospective candidates.

Even I was asked once if I fancied a career in real estate.

This was through Century 21 at Morphett Vale, there is an online test/ profile evaluation somewhere!

Try contacting them and see what they need - John Druitt is a nice bloke there.

http://www.century21.com.au/southern/

:)

Thanks for your reply Tyke, I will send my C.V over to them and see what they have to say, also I will look into the "Ticket" thing, not sure what it is but I'm sure if I dig round enough I will find it. I did see on some websites that you have to have a licence....Ummm very different to here.

Regards

Teresa

Thanks for your reply Tyke, I will send my C.V over to them and see what they have to say, also I will look into the "Ticket" thing, not sure what it is but I'm sure if I dig round enough I will find it. I did see on some websites that you have to have a licence....Ummm very different to here.

Regards

Teresa

ticket = licence:)

I think you need a certificate level 4 to get a licence, this is about 2 years full time study if your good, I looked at it briefly but that was a while back and my memory is not what it was (to much coopers oriingal pale ale ):)

Simon

Guest hensonmonsta
ticket = licence:)

I think you need a certificate level 4 to get a licence, this is about 2 years full time study if your good, I looked at it briefly but that was a while back and my memory is not what it was (to much coopers oriingal pale ale ):)

Simon

Hi Simon

Thanks for the info.... unfortunatly I have no real estate qualifications from England...just 13 years within the trade. I hope they employ you and then let you study whilst your doing the job, otherwise it's a no hope for us. we are looking into my husbands line of employment also, as an other option but he's in the same situation... lots of experience (25 years) but no qualifications to show on paper. he's a supervisor for a high voltage cable laying company.

We will keep trying and see what we get, but thanks for your help. This site is fab. I've learnt so much in a few days already :-)

Speak soon

Teresa