Teaching and the TRB

ails

Hi,

I just wanted to give a little bit of encouragement and hope to all those teachers out there who have heard bad things about the TRB and think it is a nighmare to get anything done quicky.

It only took 3 and a half weeks for my qualifications to be assessed and passed and only ONE week for my certificate of registration to come through once I had submitted my application. All my dealings with staff at the TRB were super; they were very friendly and helpful. I would advise that you submit your application in person to Pirie Street because they give the application the once over when you hand it in (of course some problems may still come to light later ... (Scottish Police checks being one - see Allie's earlier post.) It helps that the JP office is just a couple of doors down so you can get your copies certified on the same day.

Now, of course, I need to get some supply work ........ anyone know of any primary schools needing relief teachers??????????

good luck

Ails

Hi,

I just wanted to give a little bit of encouragement and hope to all those teachers out there who have heard bad things about the TRB and think it is a nighmare to get anything done quicky.

It only took 3 and a half weeks for my qualifications to be assessed and passed and only ONE week for my certificate of registration to come through once I had submitted my application. All my dealings with staff at the TRB were super; they were very friendly and helpful. I would advise that you submit your application in person to Pirie Street because they give the application the once over when you hand it in (of course some problems may still come to light later ... (Scottish Police checks being one - see Allie's earlier post.) It helps that the JP office is just a couple of doors down so you can get your copies certified on the same day.

Now, of course, I need to get some supply work ........ anyone know of any primary schools needing relief teachers??????????

good luck

Ails

Yes, I got the quals check after three weeks, just waiting for the reg.

I agree about going into Pirie St, there is a JP if you need any certifying at Floor 9, 50 Pirie St (I think)

Good luck with the relief work hunt. I think some schools (independent) you can fill in a form for them.

Cooler

Guest Guest1435

If you're anywhere near the NE of the city try the Tea Tree Gully scheme through St Agnes Primary School. My husband had offers of work through them pretty much every day.