Help with recognisable qualifacations

Guest nikkiandlee

Guest nikkiandlee

HI,

I have just read on another forum that VTCT qualifacations are not recognised :arghh:.

I have levels 1, 2 and 3 NVQ in Hairdressing all VTCT accredited, can anyone tell me if these will be classed as a recognisable qualifacation in AUS please:unsure:

I'm rather concerned now!!!

Nikki

XXXXX

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

I thought hairdressers were in huge demand out here? Really not sure about which qualifications count - do you have agent you can ask? Or simply call on with a basic enquiry and see if they can help. No doubt someone in time on here will have an answer for you ....

Good luck

Sas

HI,

I have just read on another forum that VTCT qualifacations are not recognised :arghh:.

I have levels 1, 2 and 3 NVQ in Hairdressing all VTCT accredited, can anyone tell me if these will be classed as a recognisable qualifacation in AUS please:unsure:

I'm rather concerned now!!!

Nikki

XXXXX

Nikki,

As you are aware me and hairdressers dont go:p but i would suggest doing something similar to what i did when i had a question about qualifications for building. I researched and found an organisation that deals with it and just sent them an email and asked and they actually reply! Its totally unlike the uk, i have never had an email that has not been replied to fro oz and even if they cant help more often than not they will put you in touch with someone who can. May be do a search on the net for chairdressing colleges or courses or even search for hairdressing shops and i expect some have email that you can send a question. Also my discussions with them down under alot more emphasis is put onto references and recommendations as well as experience than here in the uk so go armed with references.

Sure you will do ok and never know might need you to cut mine when you get there!

Guest nikkiandlee

Thank Ian,

I spoke to our agent and they assure me that NVQ's are reconised in hairdressing and that I shouldn't pay too much attention to some things on a forum as every skill is different:v_SPIN:.

You were also correct with regards to the experiance, apparently this holds a lot of weight in Aus! So thankyou for your advice :notworthy:.

Nikki

Thank Ian,

I spoke to our agent and they assure me that NVQ's are reconised in hairdressing and that I shouldn't pay too much attention to some things on a forum as every skill is different:v_SPIN:.

You were also correct with regards to the experiance, apparently this holds a lot of weight in Aus! So thankyou for your advice :notworthy:.

Nikki

Nikki,

done a bit of research for you during my lunch break;) (dont tell em at work!) and come across a site where it lists loads of info about hairdressing in oz together with loads of links and contact emails that may be of interest.

(another excuse was to also pass onto Rachel when i get home as she is looking to start hairdressing again after a few years of rest!)

http://www.training.sa.gov.au/OVETorgs/files/links/Approved_Hairdressing_IG_V.pdf

or if u cant get in PDF

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:ZZuxqJDL-IEJ:www.training.sa.gov.au/OVETorgs/files/links/Approved_Hairdressing_IG_V.pdf+Hairdressing+qualifications+in+adelaide&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=uk

Hope it all helps