Help & Advice Needed

Guest MarkIngram

Guest MarkIngram

It's been a little while since I've been on here...fortunately I've been busy working and earning an honest crust to keep the wolf from the door so to speak...anyway, my wife (Zoe) does a fantastic job looking after the kids etc but we don't have the luxury to afford for her not to work.....the thing is she doesn't want to put our 11month old into day care as she'd end up working just to pay the child care costs (that's not really going to help our situation).

Fortunately she is a graphic/web designer by trade, but also is a trained textile designer and illustrator.....she's does fantastic stylised portraits etc...I could go on...and she does have a website where she sells this stuff (http://www.zoeingram.com) ....but she needs more.....does anyone on here happen to know anyone who needs someone with her skills on a freelance basis - for web design work, or commissioned pieces of graphic art....or anyone out there looking for an extra special gift......please get in touch with me or her (through her website)......she's just started out on her own and I really want her to do so well as I believe she's very very talented and deserves to make a huge success of it.

Thanks

Mark

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Mark.

If missus is into web design then theres good money to be made if she keeps her prices down a bit.

i on average charge between $300 and $500 a site includeing domain registration and organising hosting.

How much commercial work has she done ??

So far i have build over 30 sites in the last 6 months but i only do it for fun and not to make any serious cash.

Problem is getting her name out there for work as theres lots of companys here all doing the same thing and got large portfolios.

Only advice i can realy give is for her to do a few freebies to get her portfolio started before she starts charging for work.

Guest MarkIngram
G'day Mark.

If missus is into web design then theres good money to be made if she keeps her prices down a bit.

i on average charge between $300 and $500 a site includeing domain registration and organising hosting.

How much commercial work has she done ??

So far i have build over 30 sites in the last 6 months but i only do it for fun and not to make any serious cash.

Problem is getting her name out there for work as theres lots of companys here all doing the same thing and got large portfolios.

Only advice i can realy give is for her to do a few freebies to get her portfolio started before she starts charging for work.

She worked for an award winning agency in Scotland and did loads of stuff for the Government and Public Sector......but it's not just websites she can do...also does illustrations etc as well....if you've too much on your plate then by all means give her a shout.