MYOB Courses

Guest Tracijbc

Guest Tracijbc

Hi there,

We are getting close to migrating now (Gods willing), and I have noticed that on all the more senior office/Administration jobs I have seen, they ask for the MYOB qualifications. Does anyone know if you can take MYOB as a correspondence course on the internet, or in the UK, or will I be able to do it as an evening course once we (hopefully) get out to Adelaide?

Thanks a million

Tracy :)

Tracy,

This is something I thought about doing before I left the UK, as I had noticed that a lot of the jobs I would be applying for required MYOB experience.

However, I went to see Hays recruitment agency once I was here and asked if it was worth doing a course. She told me that she thought it wouldn't matter as there is a shortage of people with good accounting skills and there does seem to be a good number of jobs available.

I have been for some interviews and have still got more to attend - so I'm sure you will be fine.:D

Karen

Guest dale_jo@

Yes You Can Do It Correspondance Or Better Still Buy The Software And It`s Allways There To Refresh!!

As This Is What I Have Done Just Recently!!!

Can Buy The Software At Any Reputable Computer Retailers!!!!

Jo

Hi

I did the MYOB (Basics/Payroll and Advanced) course through The Accounting College as a correspondence course it took me a couple of weeks. They were very good and reply very quickly if you do need help and I have got a certificate as well.

I did go for an interview recently (job wasnt for me) but the recruitment agency was impressed that I had done the course.

Website www.accountingcollege.com.au

Regards

Sandra

Guest Tracijbc
Hi

I did the MYOB (Basics/Payroll and Advanced) course through The Accounting College as a correspondence course it took me a couple of weeks. They were very good and reply very quickly if you do need help and I have got a certificate as well.

I did go for an interview recently (job wasnt for me) but the recruitment agency was impressed that I had done the course.

Website www.accountingcollege.com.au

Regards

Sandra

Sandra, thank you so much. I have made an enquiry with them about doing the course from the UK and hopefully will also have a MYOB qualification to bring with me! I hope you will find the right job for you soon, (unless you already have). Here's hoping that I can get the chance to have a go at getting a job in Adelaide soon too!!

Thanks again

Hi there,

We are getting close to migrating now (Gods willing), and I have noticed that on all the more senior office/Administration jobs I have seen, they ask for the MYOB qualifications. Does anyone know if you can take MYOB as a correspondence course on the internet, or in the UK, or will I be able to do it as an evening course once we (hopefully) get out to Adelaide?

Thanks a million

Hi Tracy

Not sure what age you are but if you are over 40 there is a company called DOME that offer free courses to people MYOB is on the list, (sorry if you are younger) there are courses advertised in the paper and also the messenger which is a weekly.

good luck

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

Thanks a million

Hi

MYOB Accounting Software is widely used here in Australia. I used to use SAGE in the UK. Anyway, Myob introduction course can be done in various way. I did a 5 week, 2 hours per week course at the local college (cost approx 40 pounds). There are many training place where you can learn MYOB or you can learn it alone via a manual (not sure however the cost as you will need to get hold of a disc)

Once you have complete the course, you gain a Certificate of Attendance. Following the Intro, you can do the Advanced again over 5 weeks, say 2 hours per week if you prefer to attend a class.

Best of luck to you

JAN

PS if you want to have a look at the website, it is www.myob.com.au

Guest Tracijbc

Thanks for all the help and advice with this question. I am now taking the MYOB course through the Accounting College as a correspondence course, so hopefully, if we are granted a Visa, I will be prepared.

Can recommend the course to anyone, the Accounting College are really helpful.

Thanks again

Traci x ;)

I did a 2-day MYOB course at the WEA which was plenty long enough. I kept in touch with a company I knew here, and as soon as I'd done the course, I mentioned it to them and was offered a job. This was without any accounting experience at all - now I'm the financial controller :-)

Thanks for your reply.

That was good news, so happy you found a job. I did the same as you and got a job, been with them now for 7 years.

If you would like to chat, maybe meet up for a coffee, it would be lovely to chat about the UK etc my telephone no is 0415 999 186.

Jan

from Ridgehaven, TTG

That'd be great Jan. I've got my parents arriving for a visit next week so frantically trying to do a years' worth of housework in one week at the moment, but definitely after that would be great to meet up.

Talk to you soon

D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tracijbc
Cracking decision Traci,

It's always good to show prospective employeres that you are opn to new learning and can evidence that fact, as you are doing.

It's a big + for your CV

:) Thanks for that. I am now close to completing the assignment for the Advanced MYOB. Now all we need is a flipping Australian VISA!!!! Waiting and waiting and waiting..... :arghh:

Guest Tracijbc
Good for you Dale, have a look out for the which guide to usig a pc or that fortnightly magazine pcactive or something like that. it's cheaper than Dr X's brain training:D

Traci, how hard was that training please, is it worth a complete bookkeeping newbie doing it lease?

Absolutely 100%! I am an Admin person, not an Accounts person, so I was really new to pretty much all the courssework. It is really straight forward (although I had to get my head round the Oz Taxation system and GST etc), and the course book guides you through like a good 'un! You start at the Basic Level and work your way through, having 12 weeks to complete the full course.

I am doing the course as a correspondence based student, and I email my assigments to the Accounting College, where they are marked and they let you know how well you have done. Have a go, and who knows, it might just make a difference if I eventually do get a visa! If not, well, I have a bit more experience in accounting!!

Traci :o)