ARTC for electrician

Guest theclarkes

Guest theclarkes

Hi Guys

Can anyone let me know when filling out the ARTC form is it ok to have a UK address, i understand that some people have aquired their ARTC whilst still in the UK so trying to find out if this is the case or if i just leave that section blank.

Cheers Neil

Hi, if you send your ARTC from the UK they won't post the cert to the UK but they will hold on to it till you get there, thats why most people put the address of a OZ friend so that the cert gets sent straight out to the OZ address then get your friend to forward it on to you.

Del

Guest theclarkes

Thanks for your reply guys, we have no immeadiate family or friends there so will prob have to let them hold onto them till we arrive.

Thanks for your help

Neil

Guest mOZzy

once you know when you'll be over i am sure there is someone willing to provide the address and hold on to it for you! - i wouldn't mind :)

from sending to receiving it can take up to 6 weeks (they only meet once a month to go through them)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest leeannekays
hi, I applied for the ARTC from the UK and was told by them in an email that rules had changed and they could no longer process my application because I didn't provide an Oz address so they couldn't hold on to the cert (assuming they granted me one!!) either.

Hello, this happened to us. We thought we would be able to get it done before we left however they have e-mailed and said they not precess until we arrive in oz and send them proof of address and the stamp in our passport. Then my husband will have do do the course at PEER. Is it a 1 week course?

Leeanne

Hello, this happened to us. We thought we would be able to get it done before we left however they have e-mailed and said they not precess until we arrive in oz and send them proof of address and the stamp in our passport. Then my husband will have do do the course at PEER. Is it a 1 week course?

Leeanne

Peer course is 4 weeks unless you do it via distance learning then you go to peer for 4 days. If you wait till you get here you can apply for a CITB card and get the course alot cheaper.

We are going on to Adelaide next week for our validation trip then coming back to the UK and then finally moving out on 10th September. Do you think if I send the form off whilst we are out there in a few weeks time, having got the stamp in my passport, and if we ask the lady who is renting us her house for the trip if we can use her address then we will get the cert?

This should then allow for the distance learning bit to be done over the UK summer ready for we go back in September to take the PEER course and get the license.

Elliot

Hi, TRA have changed there rules. It's not just a case of supplying an address anymore. When they go to issue the cert you have to post or fax from an Oz location proof of address. This has to be in the form of a utility bill in your name/oz drivers license/rental agreement ect.

Chris.

Guest leeannekays

The Bacons are right TRA have changed the rules, you need to be living in Australia. We sent our application early this year and they have told us we need to be living in Australia for them to review my husbands ARTC, we have to send proof of address which we ill get when picking up our bank cards and a copy of the stamp in our passport when we emigrate.

Leeanne

Guest Barney Rubble

Good pointers there Chris, :notworthy:

this sort of ties up with the 'state of play' and availabilities in the electrical industry at the present time.

If they know you are here and ready to go that's good, if your not here they have the chance to re-direct you to where the work is so you can re-assess if this/there is the place you would like to go.