workcover card

Guest spark_luke

Guest spark_luke

hi guys just a question for the electricians on here, i've just heard about something called a workcover white card for aussie building sites. i'm assuming this is similar to a the uk's ECS card? just wandering how easy it is to get this? and is it pretty essential to have this to work? thanks :huh:

Guest the4hopes

You just have a one day course on work safety etc and then you get it, not sure what it costs because my husbands employers sorted it out for him.

hi guys just a question for the electricians on here, i've just heard about something called a workcover white card for aussie building sites. i'm assuming this is similar to a the uk's ECS card? just wandering how easy it is to get this? and is it pretty essential to have this to work? thanks :huh:

Not anything to do with Workcover its supposed to be a construction industry induction. Basically all you do is sit for 6 hours listening to a guy talk then if u have stayed awake u end up with a white card. Its changed to a white card with is nationally recognised from a Green card (in SA) In principal a good idea but reality is its just another way of getting money out of you or company.

Take a look at Master Builders Assoc web site for information and costs

Guest spark_luke

lol, cheers guys. wel ive found a company in the uk where you can take the course for about £200, im hoping to head out to aus on a working holiday visa, so would u guys recommend getin this before leaving? thanks:v_SPIN:

lol, cheers guys. wel ive found a company in the uk where you can take the course for about £200, im hoping to head out to aus on a working holiday visa, so would u guys recommend getin this before leaving? thanks:v_SPIN:

I would get when here. Dont know what the one is you say you can get there but some firms may not accept the card if its one done on line.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spark_luke

yeh thts what i was thinking, i have my ecs card but obviusly i know its meaningless in aus. im looking to go over about august time probs. just literaly canot wait til then, so trying get everything sorted as early as poss. u alredy in aus then mate? sweet camper btw