ogrady peyton nurse recruitment-anyone used them?

Guest Tanya

Guest Tanya

my husband and I are both mental health nurses and looking to emigrate to Adelaide early next year. (would go sooner but I'm pregnant at the minute so we can't apply for visas until after the baby is born as I can't have the chest x-ray).....anyway, we've been in touch with OGrady Peyton regarding jobs. They are offering a reasonable package including the 457 visa and the option of being sponsored for permanent residency after 3 months. Also, our employment contracts would be with the hospital rather than the recruitment company. Does anyone have any experience of this company?? or can you recommend anyone else?

apologies if I don't reply right away, got a wee man to get ready for bed but will get back asap ;)

Hi there my hubby and I are both nurses and were looking at using o Grady Peyton years ago to go to the states but in all honesty heard some horror stories from nurses who were in the US with them. If you haveto wait anyway when not apply for PR from the word go - when is baby due? It would certainly put you in a better position when you arrived financially and would allow you to receive some assistance with childcare and rent.

Hope this helps

Lindsey

Guest Jen & Did

Hi,

Jen is the nurse in our clan and we used O'Grady Peyton and they were fine. We decided to go down the PR route tho' and given your time scale would recommend the same. They only really dealt with the hospital (RAH in our case) and we got on with the ANMC and NAMB registrations ourselves. The NAMB took about six months on its own! Took us about 18 months all in but we aren't tied to a specific job to be here.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi

I came here with O'Grady too. They were very helpful with all the visa forms, but never ever advised me on the restircitions with the visa. I regret going with the 457 sponsored visa, it eefects your financies hugely. It seems to be the quickest visa to get, but it'd be much better if you're not in a rush to get you permenant residency in your own right! They told me I'd have my permanent residency after three months too, which wasn't three months at all, it took 8 months as you need all kinds of things before CNAHS/SAHS will agree to sponsor you/send off the forms, and another $2500 dollars. My hubby wasn'r working, and this 8 months was horrendous financially, lots of stress that could have been avoided.

I would hold out for the best deal you can, becuase I know people who came with O'Grady peyton who got sponsored residency from the word go, as well as all the same financial bonuses (50% pf one/two of you're airfares reimbursed on starting work (which takes months becuase of rubbish political issues), then the other 50% meant to be three motnhs after you start work, but even more months later. Also, you get a percentage if your accomdation for so many weeks, which is calculated at the cost it would be for them to put you up in the nurses accomodation for 8 weeks or something.

As you can tell I've had a bad experience with money since I got here, mainly becuase my hubby didn't have work, so don't let me finances tar you, but why restirct yourself financially for the sake of a few more weeks/months.

Feel free to PM me.

Guest Tanya

thanks for all your replies so far, much appreciated :D

Baby isn't due til October and we're under the impression we have to wait til its born til we can apply for any type of visa so they are included on it......does anyone know if thats right? (I know I can't complete the medical til after the baby is born as I can't have the chest x-ray). If we were to wait and apply for PR does anyone know how much longer it would take compared to the 457?

Both hubby and I will be taking up full-time posts if we do go with OGrady Peyton so hopefully money won't be too big an issue.........time will tell on that one!

I am also going through O'GP and looking at early next year too. Very interested to see what responses you get. If you search the forum there seem to have been some positive posts regarding the temp. visas. I have been a impressed with their service so far but am only in the early stages. Hope my spouse (carpenter) will get work too, thats my main concern. Will watch out for your posts!

Thanks

thanks for all your replies so far, much appreciated :D

Baby isn't due til October and we're under the impression we have to wait til its born til we can apply for any type of visa so they are included on it......does anyone know if thats right? (I know I can't complete the medical til after the baby is born as I can't have the chest x-ray). If we were to wait and apply for PR does anyone know how much longer it would take compared to the 457?

Both hubby and I will be taking up full-time posts if we do go with OGrady Peyton so hopefully money won't be too big an issue.........time will tell on that one!

Hi you can apply for visa for you and your hubby up to medical stage, have the X rays done after you have baby and then add baby onto visa when it's born. Visa's seem to be coming through at a reasonable speed at the moment. If you intend to work full time and put your littl one into childcare it will cost you quite a bit. If you have PR the government subsidises your child care costs - it would allow you more flexibility with your hours. If you arrive and decide that you don't want to work fulltime then you have that option. I was gonna go back to work full time when I'd had the boys and decided that I couldn't leave them for that long! As an example of costs I had my two in out of school hours care during the last holiday and for the 5 days they were in there - withough subsidies would have worked out at $400 for the week. Mine are 8 and 5 - I know that you will only be paying for one but i would imagine that costs for childcare per day for a baby per day would be higher than say a single child - due to the numbers of staff needed.

Guest guest3462

Hi there, we are here on a 457 visa and we completely regret not applying for PR from the off set. We are severely restricted to what we can and can't do with both work and financially and we get no financial assistance from the government for childcare or anything else!!

We are here on my husbands visa. We applied straight through Flinders medical centre and they sorted most of the visa including some of the cost, it took about 8 months from application to visa being granted.

He is a Dr at RAH, he has changed his job twice already since we have been here due to having to retrain as the British FRCA is not good enough for the Aussies!! We, at one point were illegal immigrants as we didnt have a visa at all when one employer cancelled their sponsorship and the next employer reinstated it. It is a very nervous time.

We plan to apply for PR in the next month as we are still waiting for the documents from the medical board for his full registration, something which has taken one year to fulfill all the various assessments and tests, also something which they don't tell you you will need to do when you begin applying to move to Aus!!

BUT,please don't read all this woe and hassle that think that life here is awful because it certainly isn't. Despite all the constant let downs of not being able to get a loan to buy the finer things in life, or get a credit card,or move jobs freely or sometimes feeling like a second class citizen because you are not a permenant resident (gosh when I read that back I sound like a right moaning old so and so!!) we really love it here in Adelaide. Our children are happier and healthier than they have ever been, our social life as a family and individually is the best and we have the best friends (who are now our extended family) anyone could ever need or want! And I thank each and every one of our friends for being so wonderful. When we are feeling blue we take ourselves down to the beach and breathe in all the natural beauty that is on our doorstep and immediately know that all the sacrifices are worth it.

What I guess I am trying to say is that yes, the 457 visa is an easy way into Australia, but if you are planning to make your life here permenantly then I would go for the 175 visa from the beginning. It might involve a few more bits of paper, but you will still have to do the IELTS test for the NBSA assessments and all the rest is much the same. Oh I would also suggest that you get your names on the IELTS waiting list as there is quite a long wait to sit it; and you will both need it for your skills assessment for your visa and for your nursing rego here. If you can get registered here now, it could save you 6 months of waiting for it to happen when you are here!!!

Some of these PR visas are only taking 3-4 moths to be processed too. It would save you so much money and heartache in the long run, and with the £ being at such a low point, the more help you can get, the better off you will be.

I wish you all the very best of luck and hope to see you in Oz soon!

Julia xxx

Hi Tanya.

I to went through O'Grady Peyton however would say i'm not sure why. I went along to one of there open days and was basically informed the 457 was the visa to go on and also that we would be sponsored for PR after 3 months. Have to completely disagree with both im afraid. Firstly on arrival when i spoke to the hospital i was informed they would not put us through for PR until we had been here 6 months. I thought that issue would have been resolved by now as i said at the time to the hospital they need to give O'Grady the correct info as they are saying that to everyone. It may be different with other hospitals but i think the best way to find out is to contact the hospital yourself.

As for the 457 visa i decided to go for that 1 as O'Grady said they would assist us in the visa process with the 457, however they wouldn't with PR. The probs i found with the 457 was the the restrictions with work and the financial side of things with not being entitled to family assistance/childcare benefit. I would like to say though when i applied for the PR visa myself (after about 4 months in Adelaide) i found the process quite straightforward anyway so completely wish I'd just done it myself in the 1st place.

The bonus of going through O'Grady on the 457 was the flight money that u eventually get back for the nurse, plus the money we eventually got for on arrival accommodation.

I'm sure every1 has completely different experiences but all i can say if i had the choice to make again i would certainly make a different 1. The PR visa i now have is the 176 state sponsorship visa which took about 5 months to get, i believe it only took that long though as i had applied for the 175 1st then changed my mind as they were taking to long.

Good luck with ur decision and the upcoming arrival in October.

Guest Tanya
Hi you can apply for visa for you and your hubby up to medical stage, have the X rays done after you have baby and then add baby onto visa when it's born. Visa's seem to be coming through at a reasonable speed at the moment. If you intend to work full time and put your littl one into childcare it will cost you quite a bit. If you have PR the government subsidises your child care costs - it would allow you more flexibility with your hours. If you arrive and decide that you don't want to work fulltime then you have that option. I was gonna go back to work full time when I'd had the boys and decided that I couldn't leave them for that long! As an example of costs I had my two in out of school hours care during the last holiday and for the 5 days they were in there - withough subsidies would have worked out at $400 for the week. Mine are 8 and 5 - I know that you will only be paying for one but i would imagine that costs for childcare per day for a baby per day would be higher than say a single child - due to the numbers of staff needed.

thanks for that-I thought we had to wait til baby was born so he/she was on the visa from the start, didn't realise they could be added at a later date. We already have a little boy who's 20 months old so if we go down the route of childcare we'll be paying for a toddler and baby. However, we've been told by a couple of hospitals that we could work opposite each other on long days so might not need childcare.........

Guest Tanya
Hi there, we are here on a 457 visa and we completely regret not applying for PR from the off set. We are severely restricted to what we can and can't do with both work and financially and we get no financial assistance from the government for childcare or anything else!!

We are here on my husbands visa. We applied straight through Flinders medical centre and they sorted most of the visa including some of the cost, it took about 8 months from application to visa being granted.

He is a Dr at RAH, he has changed his job twice already since we have been here due to having to retrain as the British FRCA is not good enough for the Aussies!! We, at one point were illegal immigrants as we didnt have a visa at all when one employer cancelled their sponsorship and the next employer reinstated it. It is a very nervous time.

We plan to apply for PR in the next month as we are still waiting for the documents from the medical board for his full registration, something which has taken one year to fulfill all the various assessments and tests, also something which they don't tell you you will need to do when you begin applying to move to Aus!!

BUT,please don't read all this woe and hassle that think that life here is awful because it certainly isn't. Despite all the constant let downs of not being able to get a loan to buy the finer things in life, or get a credit card,or move jobs freely or sometimes feeling like a second class citizen because you are not a permenant resident (gosh when I read that back I sound like a right moaning old so and so!!) we really love it here in Adelaide. Our children are happier and healthier than they have ever been, our social life as a family and individually is the best and we have the best friends (who are now our extended family) anyone could ever need or want! And I thank each and every one of our friends for being so wonderful. When we are feeling blue we take ourselves down to the beach and breathe in all the natural beauty that is on our doorstep and immediately know that all the sacrifices are worth it.

What I guess I am trying to say is that yes, the 457 visa is an easy way into Australia, but if you are planning to make your life here permenantly then I would go for the 175 visa from the beginning. It might involve a few more bits of paper, but you will still have to do the IELTS test for the NBSA assessments and all the rest is much the same. Oh I would also suggest that you get your names on the IELTS waiting list as there is quite a long wait to sit it; and you will both need it for your skills assessment for your visa and for your nursing rego here. If you can get registered here now, it could save you 6 months of waiting for it to happen when you are here!!!

Some of these PR visas are only taking 3-4 moths to be processed too. It would save you so much money and heartache in the long run, and with the £ being at such a low point, the more help you can get, the better off you will be.

I wish you all the very best of luck and hope to see you in Oz soon!

Julia xxx

thanks Julia, hubby has just passed the IELTS and Im booked in for a date in May :D once thats over we'll move onto getting the registration stuff sorted.......PR route is looking to be the better option :) xx

Please be very careful, I am a Mental Health Nurse working for CNAHS which I enjoy. We have two nurses husband and wife working on the unit and they were told a lot of things until they arrived and things changed, they have not been accomodated with shifts. Please send me a pm or e-mail me for advice.

Elaine :)

Guest nurse sue

if ogrady peyton are just the intermediary recruiter why not just contact the hsopitals direct? id say in the all the years ive been planning our migration, going direct to the hospital has always seemed to be the best way to go. ogp will just be on a commission to the hospital, so its in their best interests to get nurses onboard asap, and its not unheard of for agencies to bend the truth slightly to get people.

thanks for that-I thought we had to wait til baby was born so he/she was on the visa from the start, didn't realise they could be added at a later date. We already have a little boy who's 20 months old so if we go down the route of childcare we'll be paying for a toddler and baby. However, we've been told by a couple of hospitals that we could work opposite each other on long days so might not need childcare.........

My hubby and I apparently work opposie eac other but due to the shift overlap times it's nigh on impossible to juggle childcare between us. Thankfully I have a lot if friends who help me out, but I do use oshc for vacation care. If I were you I would come as PR at least then you would get financial assistance and flexability. It's such a big move it would be awful if you didn't have any time together as one of you was always working, or you hated your job and had no way to change. As nurses we are so lucky to have a fairly easy entry into Australia, I would use it!

• 1 month later...