Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By karen123
    • 1 Post By Mel.R

Thread: hairdressing apprenticeship wanted

karen123

Smile hairdressing apprenticeship wanted

I am 17 years old and looking for a hairdressing apprenticeship I am already qualified in waxing, spray tanning, manicures and pedicures I just want a chance to start my career.
      Boxertony likes this.

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      We have been hear 9 weeks now and my daughter who is also 17 years old has been looking for a suitable hairdressing apprenticeship, she has had a several trials in various salons, but we have found out that some salons offer trials some upto a week with no pay and then just say goodbye, not even any positive feedback. My daughter is still trying. Good luck!!!!
      Tony (44) Jane (43) Nathan (25) Shannon(21)
      Charlotte (15)

Title
      Liked
      36 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Boxertony View Post
      We have been hear 9 weeks now and my daughter who is also 17 years old has been looking for a suitable hairdressing apprenticeship, she has had a several trials in various salons, but we have found out that some salons offer trials some upto a week with no pay and then just say goodbye, not even any positive feedback. My daughter is still trying. Good luck!!!!
      If you are looking for an apprenticeship, it's pretty much the same as looking for a normal job, you need to keep an eye out for who is looking for staff. Here in Oz the goverment pay huge incentives to both employers and apprentices. However the incentives are only available to these parties if the apprentice is a permanent resident or an Australian citizen, so if you are on a temporary visa you will find it harder to gain an apprenticeship. Having said that it's not impossible - just harder. I would recommend you telephone an Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC) who will be able to put you in tpuch with training organisations who can help you to find an employer willing to take you on.

Mel
      Boxertony likes this.
      Mel, Jim, Charlie (18) & Harry (15)

•