Phone interview help please - Mental Health Nursing

Guest arhl81

Guest arhl81

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum as we are only just starting out on our possible move to Adelaide, but so far have found this site very useful.

I was hoping for some helpful hints and advice for a phone interview that I have next Wednesday...

The interview is for the position of Clinical Services Coordinator (Mental Health Nursing). Firstly, as I am not familiar with that specific job title (not something I've come across in my career in the NHS), could anyone maybe let me know what it would be similar to here in the NHS? I am currently an 8A in the NHS and manage an Acute Psychiatric service (overall management for 6 areas), would it be anything similar to that?

Secondly, has anyone had a phone interview for a similar position, and could they offer me some useful hints and tips please as I really don't know what to expect and want to be fully prepared?!!

Absolutely any hints, tips and advice would be very gratefully received!!

Thanks in advance,

Anna

Guest darlo 2 adelaide
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum as we are only just starting out on our possible move to Adelaide, but so far have found this site very useful.

I was hoping for some helpful hints and advice for a phone interview that I have next Wednesday...

The interview is for the position of Clinical Services Coordinator (Mental Health Nursing). Firstly, as I am not familiar with that specific job title (not something I've come across in my career in the NHS), could anyone maybe let me know what it would be similar to here in the NHS? I am currently an 8A in the NHS and manage an Acute Psychiatric service (overall management for 6 areas), would it be anything similar to that?

Secondly, has anyone had a phone interview for a similar position, and could they offer me some useful hints and tips please as I really don't know what to expect and want to be fully prepared?!!

Absolutely any hints, tips and advice would be very gratefully received!!

Thanks in advance,

Anna

Hi

I'm an acsc in CNAHS. I'd suggest you go onto the sa government vancancies website. Type in RN3 and keywords mental health. I think there are some CSC jobs on there. Bare in miond the may lie to you just top get you here. I was promised a CPC job within 3 months (RN3) but there are no vacancies and its almost impossible to get a level 2 job nevermind level 3.

In england I was a band 6 nurse (6 years) and was about to apply for band 7's, They knew this when tyhey interviewed me and promised me all kinds of things which they never delivered. This is very common with a lot of immigrants. I'm sorry for causing you any concern but this is the absolute truth, just be careful and cautious!!!!!!!

Please PM me if you wnat any further info.

Sarah

Guest arhl81

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your advice. It was via the CNAHS website that I applied for the post and it is the RN3 post that I'm being interviewed for. I already have confirmation of a staff nurse post, but even in that phone interview I was advised to apply for higher positions based on my experience.

I will definately keep your advice in mind though and make sure that I'm not being fed any fibs!! Might also PM you for some further info.

Thanks,

Anna