printers?

Guest kiltedscot

• 1 month later...
Guest steve&tracy

Hi there Kiltedscot.

Iam also a printer who went on a reccie in July.

I visited a printers in Adelaide called Stateweb they had only been running for 6months and were running a Heidelberg m600 8unit 32pp press. The boss said he was looking for minders in the near future when he built the work up. He was also looking to expand and put more presses in in the next 3 yrs. If you need the name and adress to contact them just pm me.

What sort of presses do you work on?

we are hopefully going to be out in adelaide in Mrach time 08

best regards Steve and Tracy

best of luck

any one out there know of any l/press printers looking for printers

My hubby is a print finisher and had 5 job offers since getting here in June.His company are desparate for printers.However the money is nowhere as good as back in the UK.You'll have no probs in getting a job.

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Nick11 where abouts does your hubby work and how are you finding the cost of living?

My Family and i are coming over in March time.

I beleive the woodcroft area is nice and we have been looking at places to rent on the internet.w

Guest kiltedscot

Hi Nick, well i have`nt got anything lined up to go to as yet so if you can give me any pointers then that would be great. Been working on a letter press web fed Nilpeter (7 colour) press for past 18 years producing self adhesive labels. Would be intrested in full or part time work and consider machine minders job also. hope your all enjoying life down under, we hope to be there on the 5th of Jan. Wife starts her job in Flinders medical centre on the 7th

Guest donna T

My hubbir works for Finsbury Green printing which is one of the largest in Adelaide. Like Andrew, Russ is not in printing but in Print Finishing. They do always seem to be hiring - Russ tried them when he got here, had an interview the following day and started on the Monday after.

Wages are much much lower and living costs are not in line but saying that we don't seem to spend as much as we did (except on food). However, there is definitely not much left by the end of the week.

Wouldn't go back if you paid me:jiggy:

My hubbir works for Finsbury Green printing which is one of the largest in Adelaide. Like Andrew, Russ is not in printing but in Print Finishing. They do always seem to be hiring - Russ tried them when he got here, had an interview the following day and started on the Monday after.

Wages are much much lower and living costs are not in line but saying that we don't seem to spend as much as we did (except on food). However, there is definitely not much left by the end of the week.

Wouldn't go back if you paid me:jiggy:

Hi everybody Iam a printer when you are saying wages are not as much what are we talking please give me some idea thanks Steve from Bolton

Guest steve&tracy

Hi steve the wage i have been offered is 62,000 + o.t but i have to take off super at 9% and then tax's

this is for a 3 shift rotation 7-3 3-11 11-7 earlies, lates and nights 5 days a week.

when are you hoping to be out there. Have you started the visa process?

Guest steve&tracy

Hi steve. have you done your T.R.A. yet. I am being sponsored by a company in Adelaide and i think his paperwork has to be approved by the S.A.Government i'm waitng for my emigration agent to tell me when to do the rest of the paperwork (visa application). We haven't even had our meds e.t.c. but they say it shouldn't be that long before we have to do that. You may be infront of us in that respect.

REGARDS STEVE

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Dan i was lucky i just popped into a couple of web printers when i was overthere and showed them my c.v. and references and one of the companies offered me a sponsorship there and then(couldn't beleive it).That made our minds up to give it a go.

We too have no relatives out there.Which will be hard for me as i'm an identical twin (he too is in print)

but when we were out there met up with a family we meet on this site.(great way of meeting people).

Steve and better half as she keeps telling me(tracy) and 3 girls.

Guest steve&tracy

No we havent been to any meets over here but have meet up with a local family who are emigrating who are only 9miles away from where we live.

Would love to meet up overthere. we live near Colchester Essex

Steve,Tracy and girls

Hi Steve

Finishing pays around $20.00 per hour for day shift (7-3) and a 20% loading for late shift (3-11pm)

Hope that helps

Donna

x

You took the words right out of my mouth Donna. 30% for nights, but not much around!

At hubbys place printers and print finishers are on the same money - you get more if you have apprenticeship papers - it's goes on a workplace scale from 1 -10 . 10 being a superviser.

Most work places go on this and there isn't much room to negotiate.However there are some smaller firms that are willing to pay more.

Hubby reckons that 95% of the blokes at his old workplace in the UK wouldn't stand a chance here - the ozzies work hard. They will do any job that's asked of them - none of this "it's not in my job description"

Nick

x

Hi Steve and Tracy you said that you have to pay 9% super and the taxes whats the total in taxes that you will pay annually.Is it any different than the UK were we pay 22% please help thanks Steve from Bolton

Guest steve&tracy
Hi Steve and Tracy you said that you have to pay 9% super and the taxes whats the total in taxes that you will pay annually.Is it any different than the UK were we pay 22% please help thanks Steve from Bolton

Hi Steve as far as i understand just add the two amounts together 22% tax and the 9% super and take that away from gross pay. Please correct me anyone else out there if i'm wrong!(Super if you didn't know is pension)again correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards

Steve&Tracy

Hi there Kiltedscot.

Iam also a printer who went on a reccie in July.

I visited a printers in Adelaide called Stateweb they had only been running for 6months and were running a Heidelberg m600 8unit 32pp press. The boss said he was looking for minders in the near future when he built the work up. He was also looking to expand and put more presses in in the next 3 yrs. If you need the name and adress to contact them just pm me.

What sort of presses do you work on?

we are hopefully going to be out in adelaide in Mrach time 08

best regards Steve and Tracy

best of luck

Hi Steve at the present time Iam running a heidelberg GTO 52 ZP Its only two colour but I run loads of 4 colour work on it.I have ran Webs as well from 4 colour to 8.Like you I want to live in Adelaide speak to you soon Stev

Guest steve&tracy
Hi Steve at the present time Iam running a heidelberg GTO 52 ZP Its only two colour but I run loads of 4 colour work on it.I have ran Webs as well from 4 colour to 8.Like you I want to live in Adelaide speak to you soon Stev

Hi steve where do you work at the moment(just curious) i work for Wyndeham Heron we have 6 web presses.Five of them are MAN Rolands.

where abouts in Adelaide do you want to live?

Guest steve&tracy
Not to sure really been looking at the South Happy Valley, but obviously you have to go were the work is and schools

We too were looking at down south but you never know.How far are you with the visa process?