Electricians - Peer course workbook???

Can anybody help, who's done the course?

The questions in the workbook have a clause at the side - is this the reg number? if not do you give the reg number in your worded answer?

When answering do you quote from the regs or in your own words i.e. earth fault loop impedence???????

Cheers guys

Rich

Hi there,

I am currently working through the same book as you ( Peer wiring rules).I have not noticed the numbers you are quoting. OOPS !!!

How are you finding the work book, I am on max demand at the moment. I have wrote answers in pencil and have a seperate sheet for calculations so far.

We are hoping to be out there again in July this year to finish the rules and get a job etc

Cheers mate

Steve

Guest lee and joanne

Define the "Earth fault-loop impedance"

The impedance of the earth fault-current loop (active-to-earth loop)

starting and ending at the point-of-earth fault.

Clause 1.4.45

Can anybody help, who's done the course?

The questions in the workbook have a clause at the side - is this the reg number? if not do you give the reg number in your worded answer?

When answering do you quote from the regs or in your own words i.e. earth fault loop impedence???????

Cheers guys

Rich

Fill in the workbook as you find the answers in the wiring rules and add the clause number on the line provided.

The clause number is what us English would call the Regulatuion number.

I have just taken the 2 day revision day and exam, My workbook was 90% complete (which was good enough for the tutor).

Just a tip, crack Maximum demand question 1 and 6 and you'll be fine.

You don't have to do the section at the back of the workbook for the ETSA.

Any problems email your correspondance they were a great help.

As for the exam, don't stress, it was as the Aussie's say "TOO EASY".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest uptheiron

hi mate. Electrician also. Been here nearly 5 years. I had to go through the Trades Recognition again and do the wiring rules to obtain a Class A license. It took about 6 months but you're doing it that side so it might be easier. I did a weeks course for the wiring rules. Not sure if that helps much but drop us a line when you get here n we'll try to catch up.