Electronic Engineers

Guest spongebob

Guest spongebob

My family and I are looking to emigrate to Aus as soon as we can and are full of enthusiasm. Can anyone tell me whet the electronic industry in like in Adelaide? I am looking for some contract work so that I can get to grips with how things are undertaken in Australia compared to the UK. Any other Electronic engineers moved to Adelaide that could give me some advice would be fantastic.

Julian (42):notworthy:

Guest cbeeb

sorry basically a licence to touch anything with electricity involved anyone can correct me on this seek and careerone good websites to check look at requirements. it might not apply but check.

Guest spongebob

thanks cbeeb for that info. Checking it out. :)

Thanks Kangomick but bit of a shame if no electronic engineering in Adelaide as that's where my wife would like to go. It is also one of the states that was offering state sponsorship.

:nah:Where in Oz is all the electronic industry?

Anyone know?:swoon:

Guest spongebob

Thanks cbeeb. That is really helpful plus the information that jobs are being advertised, which means they must be wanting us! According to the new SOL electronic engineers are on there, plus all the info leading to state sponsorship say we are still on it for South Australia SS, Western Australia SS and Queensland SS. Looking promising but won't know for definite til nearer the 1st July.

They appear to want people to be job sponsored which is hard from the other side of the world plus Australia seem to work by who you know which is difficult when not in the country.

Thanks for help and advice. Fingers crossed.

There is a lot of defence work here they call it the Defence state there is a contract for some navy ships getting built here think its about seven there is also a well known company BAE Systems here also They do maintenance to the submarines they made a mess of also.

Guest spongebob

Thanks Ian.

Know and love BAE Systems! Do you know if I need to have been resident in Oz for a number of years before getting security clearance to work within the Oz defence sector? I worked on safety equipment on nuclear subs here in the 1980's.

If I can get security clearance then it may be worth applying for jobs on a contract basis to begin with until I find my feet so to speak. :)

Where is the best place to look for electronic engineering jobs? I have been looking at a few web sites for recruitment agencies. Can you (or anyone else) suggest any on line newspapers that advertise these kind of jobs?

Thanks Julian.

Guest cbeeb

the advertiser(south australia's only newspaper) advertses jobs on saturdays they all appea on careerone website. also seek has jobs google them

Guest needtogonow

Try the agencies here. My Husband is a Mecanical Engineer/project Manager. He registered with 3 and was offerred 2 jobs in 2 weeks and is now working for ETSA (big electrical supply company).

Try Adecco, Hudson and TAD. Some of these may be facilities based agencies but are worth a shot.

Bex

Guest spongebob

Thanks nettogonow.

Will certainly try with the agencies. Just been on the advertiser website and there is a job on there that looks interesting. Not sure they will be interested as haven't got my visa yet what with all the new SOL etc and the office not taking visa applications til 1st July but no harm getting my CV out there. :wubclub:

Thanks.

Julian.

Guest rachinadelaide
Thanks Ian.

Know and love BAE Systems! Do you know if I need to have been resident in Oz for a number of years before getting security clearance to work within the Oz defence sector? I worked on safety equipment on nuclear subs here in the 1980's.

If I can get security clearance then it may be worth applying for jobs on a contract basis to begin with until I find my feet so to speak. :)

Where is the best place to look for electronic engineering jobs? I have been looking at a few web sites for recruitment agencies. Can you (or anyone else) suggest any on line newspapers that advertise these kind of jobs?

Thanks Julian.

Hi, my hubby is an electrical engineer and also used to work in the nuclear subs industry in the uk. He was employed by ASC (Australian Submarine Corporation) and needed permanent residency for level of security clearance his job required. ASC made sure we got PR before we arrived and then sorted out our citizenship as soon as we were eligible so he could get the next level of security clearance.

Best of luck!

Rachel

Guest spongebob

Wow thanks for this information, feeling much more positive. Will try to go on job sites and see what comes up, fingers crossed. :jiggy:

Julian, Jennie, Abigail (11) and Melissa (9)