Web domain hosting

Hi. Can anyone recommend a hosting company for web domains. I'm a freelancer and will be arriving on 22 June and need to get my domains registered in Australia rather than here in the UK. I currently simply do it through my web designer but he obviously has no idea of Australian hosters.

Thanks

Guest cornish Busdriver

Gday Spanners.

Im a designer here and recomend Crazyhost or One.com to all my clients.

Cheapest around with all the bell and whistles included.

Sorry - I should have been more specific. I have my current .co.uk domain and also a .com domain all hosted through my web designer here in the UK. I need a .com.au domain (its all to do with name availabilities) but I can only get this once I have a TFN or ABN. It would seem much easier to move all the addresses to someone (web designer) or something (hosting company) in Australia.

MODS, there are some hosting companies being recommended on here, and I know we are not allowed to say who is not good, is there a way we can advise against using certain companies? It's not fair bad companies can be recommended when they have a track record of being lees than good.

SPANNERS, I have PMd you why you should avoid one of the companies mentioned, I will send details of the other later too.

Guest cornish Busdriver
MODS, there are some hosting companies being recommended on here, and I know we are not allowed to say who is not good, is there a way we can advise against using certain companies? It's not fair bad companies can be recommended when they have a track record of being lees than good.

SPANNERS, I have PMd you why you should avoid one of the companies mentioned, I will send details of the other later too.

LOL LOL LOL think you were aiming that at me LOL LOL LOL

Its not advertizing other companys, someone asked a straight forward question and i gave a straight forward answer to who i recomend that would suit there needs best.

I wasnt saying "YOU MUST GET IT FROM THESE PEOPLE AND IGNORE ALL OTHERS" all i said was this is who i use and who i recomend to people.

(q1) Do i own Crazyhost, Crazy domains, One.com (A) A BIG NO

(q2) Do i know anyone who works for these company (A) A BIG NO AGAIN.

(q3) so how am i advertizing them (A) IM NOT.

Hope this clears things up for you.

I appreciate you have no connection with them, but a quick search using a search engine will throw up the reasons NOT to use the companies.

If you are happy with them, all well and good, but I don't think they should be recommended on a public forum where there are numerous reasons not to use them.

Guest Guest75

Looks like you are sorting it.

Very difficult to allow the bad companies to be mentioned - they can have the site for slander - unlike Mods;)

PM'ing is the only way I'm afraid.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Well gotta say that ive build far to may websites for clients and im not talking a few im talking bout triple figures here who i have recomended the companies to and not one has ever had any problems what so ever and whao are all still with these companies and extreamly happy with there service.

If i wasnt 100% sure about them i would not recomend them.

After almost 20yrs in this buisness and created sites and software for all different kinds of bussiness and companys i think by now i can spot a bad service provider from a good one.