mental health nursing / drug workers

Guest dittydotty1

Guest dittydotty1

Hi , my husband currently works with clients in the community,wanting to kick their drug addiction, he is a registered mental health nurse. does anyone know what provision there is in south australia

thanks amanda

Guest brookesy
Hi , my husband currently works with clients in the community,wanting to kick their drug addiction, he is a registered mental health nurse. does anyone know what provision there is in south australia

thanks amanda

Hi ditty doddy,

has your husband checked the nursing times my wife is a mental health nurse and she has been offered a level2 nurse position with sa health. Mental health services in sa are under going huge change millions being pumped in to bring the services up to date. My wife is a comunnity mental health nurse but has been placed on a ward as there are not many community placements.

The long term plan for mental health services is to recruit slowly for the next 18months.

Hope this info helps if I can help with anything just ask, good luck.

Brookesy

LOOK OUT ADELAIDE BROOKESY WILL BE THERE IN OCT CANT WAIT.:biglaugh:

Guest dittydotty1

thanks for that, think i will get him to contact mental health services direct apparently they have a 24/7 job line

cheers amanda

Guest dittydotty1

Thanks Elaine he has e-mailed dassa, so hopefully should know a bit more soon, we have just sold house in england and are preparing to move out to SA end of sept beginning of october. just heard that oaa has been suspended, but then the great thing about being on internet is we can sort all that out. thank you for your kind offer of help, may take you up on this regards local knowledge, as have 2 small children

thanks amanda

• 5 months later...
Guest fluxsta
Please e-mail for any help at all as I am very helpful. :)

Hiya,

I am an RMN who is in drug and alcohol in UK, about to sit IELTS etc. Would it be wise to contact DASSA directly about work and do you think they sponsor for 457 visa?

Not sure whether to stick with agencies or approach employers directly?

thanks

Guest fluxsta

hi,

Thanks for reply. I am an RMN, not an RN. We are seeking 457 due to financial constraints, I know the benefits of PR but we simply do not have the initial finance behind us to go for that straight off. Registered with various agencies in the UK, all of which seem very very helpful. Will sit IELTS and then send off docs to AHPRA, and then seek employment opportunities......recce in feb 2011, coming over with 3 kids as well....can't wait!! We have a 'light dusting' of snow as the local radio describes it! Ha ha!! Looking forward to catching some warmer weather after the xmas period..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dittydotty1

hi just to let you know what happened with us

the mental health services in south australia are currently merging so they all come under one authority, therefore recruitment has been put on a back burner for a while. we arrived 21 st september, jason applied for a post at beginning of sept with dassa, he was offered an interview in mid november, so not fast acting, in the meantime he had applied and got another job at the repatriation hospital. i would say the things to look out for are 1) whilst uk agencies try their best they do not know the full set up here and are also unaware of the geographical impl;ications of some of these positions. we live in aldinga and to work in northern adelaide would be a 2 hour journey, what looks close on a map sometimes takes a long time due to the vast amount of traffic lights and the speed limits. so be wary you accept jobs.

2) we contacted dassa directly but it took many phone calls and prodding to get any where so be aware

hope this helps any questions just shout as we are finally back on line now

good luck Amanda

Guest fluxsta

Thanks ditty for your post. We are out for recce in February so hope to knock on a few doors. It is worrying that you mention that recruitment is on the 'backburner'? as far as travelling goes, that is useful to know as you can short term let near to your workplace. Whats up with the traffic lights then?? why so many? ;-)

P.S. we are staying in Aldinga Beach in short term let when we arrive for recce 2nd feb!! looks beautiful

Guest dittydotty1

yeah it is beautiful, very chilled, if you want to meet up with jason and chat about work situation while you are out here then let us know nearer the time and we will give you our number, you can come over or meet on beach for barbie? he can fill you in on situation better than me as i am not currently working and he may know if vacancies available etc. anyway he can tell you the little idiosyncracies of life and work out here. how long before you hope to make move permanent?

amanda

Guest guest5933

Hi,

If that is your plan you might want to contact these guys...they got me a job!

Nursing Jobs and Nurse Employment in the USA, Middle East and Australia — O'Grady Peyton International

worth reading this too...

feel free to ask me any questions on the process.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/20680-news-nurses.html

..and good luck!

Guest fluxsta

hey Don C,

Already in touch with Peyton, they have come highly recommended. Awaiting to sit my IELTS and then reg docs off.......Looks like you are nearly there in the process? i have most docs ready for AHPRA, just need to approach employer to sign CV

thanks for reply

• 1 month later...
Guest fluxsta
yeah it is beautiful, very chilled, if you want to meet up with jason and chat about work situation while you are out here then let us know nearer the time and we will give you our number, you can come over or meet on beach for barbie? he can fill you in on situation better than me as i am not currently working and he may know if vacancies available etc. anyway he can tell you the little idiosyncracies of life and work out here. how long before you hope to make move permanent?

amanda

Hiya,

just seen this message!! Would love to meet up while we are over, 3rd feb til 16th. Could you PM me some contact details and we will meet up, would be great to hear your experiences?

Cheers!!