Advice on visas

Guest Evie

Hello I'm new to this site and would like some advice if anyone can help? We are thinking of joining you all in adelaide. We are looking at applying for a skilled trade visa, well my husband is, he is a toolmaker and has been in this job for at least 17 years. What we would like to know is can he still get a skilled visa even though he hasn't got his time served papers. He can get references from most companies he has worked for will this be enough. He is time served but just hasn't got the papers to prove this. Can anyone help please?:wacko:

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi,

Welcome to PIA :)

i think there may be a problem as they have removed the TRA pathway D which was based on experiance only.

Maybe you should talk to an agent, they will be able to give you qualified advice, mine is only based on what i've heard!

Good luck

Nikki

x

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi,

They have removed path way D which was experiance only however there are other ways to get your visa, for example state sponsership which SA does ( or so I believe), honestly, speaking to an agent is probably your best option at this stage, its usually free for the first consultation, and they will guide you into the right direction!

Nikki

XX

Guest theshearers

Hi Evie

Welcome to the site.

In answer to your question I would agree with Nikki that the best thing to do is to contact an agent because alot of the conditions have changed for the SIR Visa. As Nikki says they have removed the Pathway for experince only applicaitons and they have now also added an Occupations in Demand list to the SIR which they didnt have until the new info came out from the SA Government today!!!

There are quite a few agents about who will be able to help you and many of them will give you a free consultation. Give a few of them a ring and see what they say. Since the new visa rules have come in its all a bit of a minefield really!!

Best of luck with it all

Vicki x

Guest dglamoore
Hi,

They have removed path way D which was experiance only however there are other ways to get your visa, for example state sponsership which SA does ( or so I believe), honestly, speaking to an agent is probably your best option at this stage, its usually free for the first consultation, and they will guide you into the right direction!

Nikki

XX

You can go for the SIR 475 (used to be 495) which is a state sponsoered visa but you would still need your skills assessed first and they are now adding a list of occupations whereby it used to just be the general skills list. If there are no formal qualifications for your job you can go down the informal apprenticeship route as this is what Greg had to go by :)

Lisa:o