supply teaching

Guest jen&ian

Guest jen&ian

I'm currently sorting out my teaching registration so I can go back to work after a number of years at home with my young children.

I'm planning to go back part time to do supply, so just wondering if anyone out there has done similar and did you go through an agency or direct contact with individual schools? Any advice gratefully received.

Jen:)

Guest Bodie

Hi Jen, our TRT's (Temporary Relief Teachers) aka supplies have all been recuited through direct contact with the school. It may take a bit more effort to get out to each school to drop off your CV and register, but it is always easier to book somebody when you can put a name and a face together. Of course this is my experience others will differ. I hope it all works out for you. I've PMed you some more info.Mark.

Hi Jen

i contacted the schools in my area by phone, arranged to go and see them to drop off my paperwork and that is what got me work as a relief teacher. i echo what the previous poster says on that issue - don't just send in your details. ive worked constantly in two schools. .. all you need is a chance and once they know you are ok, they will use you again and again. don't bother with agencies.... they take all your money!

good luck .. if i can helpe with anything else, let me know

Ails

Guest cazzie

Hi there,

I have used both methods and I can recommend both. I joined Randstat agency and they very quickly enabled me to work in about four schools which I really enjoyed. While I did this, I posted my CV out to various local schools ( I did not visit them) and the offers of work soon came flooding in. I now have a contract until December and I'm loving it.

Also, I thought that the money that the agency paid was actually good so it's definitely worth starting off with an agency while you wait to hear from schools directly. Good luck!