Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By cint&mark
    • 1 Post By rich

Thread: teacher registration

teacher registration

Hi, we are coming out in August. My husband is a secondary school teacher and believes he needs to sit 2 courses for child protection and first aid before he can register and statrt to look for work and that he must be in Adelaide before he can sit them. It is possible to secure a post prior to leaving the UK
      thanks Karen

Morphett Vale
      30 times
      Hi there - My husband secured a temporary post before leaving England last Sept- he had a lengthy 1 hr 15 min interview at 7 am one morning so it is possible. There are loads of courses available for first aid - I think he booked a full day course with St, John Ambulance online from England before we arrived in Oz - just have a look online..... As for the child protection one - i'm sorry but I can't for the life of me remember if he did a course for that or not.. I think he may have been sent on one after securing a permanent position here with another school... Good luck! Jacinta
      kas17 likes this.
      Visa granted Feb '08House on market March '08   Validated visas Aug '08   No joy on house so renting it out..   Arrived Adelaide Sept 1st '09   Bought in Morphett Valelove love love it!!!

Jacinta[41] Mark[41] Hannah[9] Eva[8] Luke[6] Jude [3]

The first aid one I did with St John ambulance. The child protection is called Mandatory Notification Training (i think). Have a look on the net, i think we booked from England to do ours the day after we got here... If i recall.

kas17 likes this.

thanks for that we will look into it

Can you also tell me what type of police check was required when registering as a teacher in S.A.
      I have a certificate but it says on it that it is for emigration purposes only? Do they accept this or is there another check I should organise before I fly?