Bricklayer and family new to site

Guest the pearcys

Guest the pearcys

Hello there ,Bricklayer for 20 years, wife,3kids Ive just passed my T.R.A and in the middle of deciding where to live .

thought about Perth but since Ive been making my mind up ,might of missed the boat on the housing market , so am thinking Adelaide,plus have a friend in Flagstaff Hill.

What i need to know is ,are their any brickies thinking or already there who knows the crack?

plenty work,wages etc,etc.?

hope to hear soon.

matt,michelle,megan 7 caitlin 2 joseph2:unsure:

Hello Matt,

welcome to the site and congratulations on passing TRA, im a decorator myself am sure there is plenty of work for all building trades as there is so much building going on in the Adelaide area. The wages are lower than UK but so are house prices at the moment. One thing to think about is if you want to be self employed in any way you need a licence that can take up to a year to get but when you do you should be able to earn better money.

Hope this helps a little, im sure you will get much more information from the people already there.

Simon

Guest Guest75
Hello Matt,

welcome to the site and congratulations on passing TRA, im a decorator myself am sure there is plenty of work for all building trades as there is so much building going on in the Adelaide area. The wages are lower than UK but so are house prices at the moment. One thing to think about is if you want to be self employed in any way you need a licence that can take up to a year to get but when you do you should be able to earn better money.

Hope this helps a little, im sure you will get much more information from the people already there.

Simon

I'd say spot on there Simon :notworthy:

Licensing is the key here .

Guest the pearcys

Cheers for the welcome Simon.

can you ellaborate more on the licence,is this when you want to be a contractor ,working direct or do you need this to work on a day work basis?

do i get the licence when i arrive there?

by the way we are from Dartford,not far.

Cheers for the welcome Simon.

can you ellaborate more on the licence,is this when you want to be a contractor ,working direct or do you need this to work on a day work basis?

do i get the licence when i arrive there?

by the way we are from Dartford,not far.

As I understand things any form of self employment needs a licence, this site gives the info you will need http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/licensing/index.html also check out http://www.adelaidebound.com/ and look under employment link, some useful info there, you may well have to work as an employee for a while as to get a licence requires references from current licence holders, customers, show work , qualifications and prove experience, not a quick process but worth it if you want to work as a tradesman.

Simon