electricians

Guest Davey0401

Guest Davey0401

hey is there anyone looking for an electricians job?the company i work for are flat out busy and are looking for qualified tradies.if anyones interested let me know.

cheers dave

Hi Dave, We arrive on the thursday the 5th of august and i'm booked in to sit the regs exam and white card on the tue's, wed and thurs of the following week and will be looking for work asap!!

whats the name of the company and what sort of contracts do they do,

I could send over a cv?

Cheers Del

Guest monkey-74
Hi Dave, We arrive on the thursday the 5th of august and i'm booked in to sit the regs exam and white card on the tue's, wed and thurs of the following week and will be looking for work asap!!

whats the name of the company and what sort of contracts do they do,

I could send over a cv?

Hi I have passed my Vetassess for electrician last June and now me and OH are heading to Adelaide around October. I was wondering if I can sit for my licence over here or do I have to wait until I get over there and work supervised before I can sit the exams.

Any help would be great.

Hi Monkey,

Not really sure how the vetassess thing works as I was graded under the old TRA system, but i think if you use the vets system for getting your visa then you can drop it and jump on the ARTC to get graded as a electrical mechanic, as for the licence bit you can do the PEER wiring regs course through corespondance from the UK they will send the books over and then you need to go to PEER for two days to sit the open book exam (first day revision, second day exam) and if you pass you get your certificate there and then!! which you take to some building in the CBD (not sure of the name of this place) along with your ARTC cert and you get your nice new grade card.

hope this helps a bit, if there is anything else just ask.

cheers Del.

Guest monkey-74

Thanks for the help but don't think I can do that as I did Vetassess.

This was on there web site.

Information for applicants

Applicants seeking an assessment in licensed electrical trades (eg General Electrician) will be assessed to determine if they meet the technical requirements for the range of duties required for the occupation/s and if successful will be issued an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR).

When you arrive in Australia you will need to apply to the relevant state/territory licensing regulator for a provisional electrical licence. A provisional licence allows you to work under the supervision of a qualified tradesperson. You must present your OTSR to the licensing regulator when you apply for the provisional licence.

Contact details of licensing authorities for all states/territories may be found at: http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/authorities.aspx

Even though your skills assessment will confirm your technical skills, you will naturally not be familiar with specific Australian knowledge such as Australian wiring rules, occupational health and safety regulations, and codes of practice and other Australian standards. Gap training has been developed to help migrants meet the Australian specific knowledge gap.

The gap training will consist of

gaining essential knowledge and skills from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)

completing up to 12 months work experience under appropriate supervision; and

passing a compliance assessment related to safety and compliance testing to Australian standards

More information on the gap training is available at the ElectroComms and Energy Utilities Industry Skills Council website: http://www.ee-oz.com.au/content/view/82/56/.

Once you have successfully completed the gap training and been issued with the required Certificate III qualification you can present this qualification to the relevant licensing regulator to be issued a full electrical licence.

So although I can work it looks like I'm under restriction as to what I can do.

Thanks for the help but don't think I can do that as I did Vetassess.

This was on there web site.

Information for applicants

Applicants seeking an assessment in licensed electrical trades (eg General Electrician) will be assessed to determine if they meet the technical requirements for the range of duties required for the occupation/s and if successful will be issued an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR).

When you arrive in Australia you will need to apply to the relevant state/territory licensing regulator for a provisional electrical licence. A provisional licence allows you to work under the supervision of a qualified tradesperson. You must present your OTSR to the licensing regulator when you apply for the provisional licence.

Contact details of licensing authorities for all states/territories may be found at: Licence Recognition

Even though your skills assessment will confirm your technical skills, you will naturally not be familiar with specific Australian knowledge such as Australian wiring rules, occupational health and safety regulations, and codes of practice and other Australian standards. Gap training has been developed to help migrants meet the Australian specific knowledge gap.

The gap training will consist of

gaining essential knowledge and skills from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)

completing up to 12 months work experience under appropriate supervision; and

passing a compliance assessment related to safety and compliance testing to Australian standards

More information on the gap training is available at the ElectroComms and Energy Utilities Industry Skills Council website: EE-Oz Training Standards - Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) Aust Min Gap Training.

Once you have successfully completed the gap training and been issued with the required Certificate III qualification you can present this qualification to the relevant licensing regulator to be issued a full electrical licence.

So although I can work it looks like I'm under restriction as to what I can do.

If you have your VISA then you can get assesed by theTRA. For some reason as soon as you have your visa TRA don't care where your from!! (They don't want to know if your from the UK pre - VISA)

Guest The Coyne Family
hey is there anyone looking for an electricians job?the company i work for are flat out busy and are looking for qualified tradies.if anyones interested let me know.

cheers dave

Hi Dave i was just wondering if the company you work for are sponsoring, we are in the visa Q but i don't know how long it will take would love to be in Adelaide ASAP.

My OH is a highly qualified electrician/foreman with 18 years+ experience.

He did the TRA so would be easy enough to do the licence.

Would it be possible to send them a CV for consideration?

Thanks a million.

Maria.

Guest Annette and Tim

Hi there, my partner is looking for another electricians job at the moment. Can you let us know where the job would be based and what kind of electrical work it is. We are in Athelstone and his contract is due to come to an end soon. He is working afternoons at the moment so i will let him know tomorrow morning (Thurs). Cheers.