need urgent help

Guest adelaideinjuly

Guest adelaideinjuly

hi all

I have been in Adelaide for over a month , desperatly searching for admin job , i was working as administration manager back home and was acting as human resources and quality assurance responsible

i have been trying seek.com but with no real outcome

any clue of an effective way to get a job ?

there's a job fair in Parafields Gardens recreation centre thurs 5th August 10am, I'm going along and hoping to get a part time job myself, as their difficult to find, hoping to meet some employers face to face, good luck to any one going.

better still meet me down there and we can go for cuppa afterwards, pm me if any1 going!!!....

Guest Janine3979

Apparently you get the best results from taking your resume into companies or if using seek.com send your application then ring them the day after to check they have recieved it. More things tend to happen when you actually speak to someone.

Hi Adelaide in July. I've tried to PM you but for some reason it doesn't seem to be getting through. There is an Office Manager/Admin Manager job (with some HR duties thrown in) going at our place in the CBD. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you an email address to send your CV through to, but you'll probably need to get it across quickly.

Hi Adelaide in July

Not sure if this will be any help but I signed on with Adecco and got some very good temp work. I then signed on with Westaff and after just one assignment they got me a contract with SAPOL. Seek.com is just too frustrating and I wasn't getting any replies at all.

Good luck.

Guest Sannie!

I am still not sure about getting registered with them. Is it like filling up any application forms with them!?!? When I went there personally to get registered I was told to apply online which I did, but! nothing so far from them or any one for that matter.. :)

Am I missing something!?

Guest adelaideinjuly

Thanks for the advice , what do you mean by signed on , a visit or on line

Hi Adelaide in July

Not sure if this will be any help but I signed on with Adecco and got some very good temp work. I then signed on with Westaff and after just one assignment they got me a contract with SAPOL. Seek.com is just too frustrating and I wasn't getting any replies at all.

Good luck.

I applied on line, with Adecco it was for a particular job which didn't come about but they got me temp work elsewhere. But with Westaff I applied on line and then got called in for the usual testing, just to see what programs you can use(they give you a little test). The Westaff I went to was in Mawson Lakes but I do know they have other branches. The girl I dealt with was Skye Noack, she was very helpful. As Kangomik says, if nothing is coming through you do have to ring them, just to remind them you are still available, ie. Westaff got me a position at the Magill Training Centre and then with SAPOL and Adecco haven't rung me since even tho I didn't tell them that I had something. So if you don't keep in contact they assume you are working elsewhere. If you need any numbers let me know.

Also, it's a while since I temped, but when I first registered, I did a load of tests with one agency (OH&S, typing, spelling, maths etc) - took me ages, but when I went to subsequent agencies, I told them I'd done the tests elsewhere, gave them the name of the agency I'd dont them at, and they didn't make me do them again (think they rang up and got the results). Worth knowing as otherwise you'll spend half your life repeating the same tests.